cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: Control BT YouView box from a different location

my recording is working - lets hope the IR box does when it comes tomorrow.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 29

I thought the harmony hub only worked on the same network, but I turned my wifi of on the phone and it still worked, so that is definitely an option for you 

Message 13 of 29

Thanks for the suggestions.
As an update I bought a broadlink RM mini 3 as it sounded like it'd do just what I wanted, the reviews were good and it appeared easy to set up.
Unfortunately if it doesn't connect to the wifi on it's auto setup there is very limited help in trying to get it to connect.  I've tried and tried, so I'm on the look out for a replacement, and am off to google the harmony hub.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 29

You could also look into sofabaton, they are a new product and are still being produced unlike the harmony. They have there own forum, if Y were you I would post there and ask if it will work for you.

Let us know what you find out

Message 15 of 29

Although new Harmony products are not available it appears there is still an active support section for the range within Logitech as I have just had a new firmware update for my Harmony Ultimate One model.

Message 16 of 29

Posed the question yesterday, nothing yet.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 29

Thanks, it's just a bit of an outlay, £150 compared to £20, to find I have the same difficulties in connecting the unit to the wifi. I've messaged a seller who say they offer a 60 day money back guarantee and customer service to see if it will do what I want and how easy it should connect and what they can do to help if it doesn't.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 29

I have had a message back from an eBay seller of the harmony goods, he has loads for sale. He says it won't work as the phone and hub need to be on the same network and the remote obviously wouldn't work, as it is RF.  The remote didn't matter, so the hunt continues.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 29

He's wrong, as two of us have already confirmed in earlier posts.

The Harmony can be set up so that IR codes are sent from the remote or from the Hub. In your scenario the remote would work but isn't necessary. You could control the Hub directly from the app, so you don't need a remote, just the Hub.

Message 20 of 29

I have a Harmony Hub and can also confirm the app on my phone works fine over a mobile connection rather than wifi - it uses a cloud connection instead of local wifi.