Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 92

Re: Discovery+ App

Go to solution

thank you

@DarrenDevwrote:
Ah sorry, yes - the d+ subscriptions are either for "entertainment" or "entertainment & sports".
BT Sport subscribers who created a d+ account will have sport included, and TNT Sports will be part of that package.
TNT Sports Ultimate is also part of the sports package as standard.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 92

Go to solution

Can confirm that the TNT Sports channels are now listing in Discovery+ app - except on SkyQ.

My 'BT Sport via BT' account has opened up access to the BT Sport channels on the 'complimentary' subscription (where listing).

The 'complimentary' Sky account (without BT Sport) says contact provider or gives error messages.

I don't know if those with 'BT Sport via Sky' get access on non-Sky devices.

There is no 'Ultimate' programming during July to check if that appears and works OK - only active channels appear.

What do 'BT' customers with the complementary access get if they have signed up for the app - but don't pay for 'BT Sport/TNT Sports' ?

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 92

Go to solution
discovery+ has 2 levels: "entertainment", and "entertainment & sports".
BT TV customers without a sports subscription get entertainment. With a Sport subscription get both.
Sky subscribers will be getting just entertainment for their free pass.
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 92

Go to solution

I believe as of today Discovery Plus has introduced a third level Premium ( which includes TNT Sports).

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 92

Go to solution
Only seeing TNT1-4 on the D+ app. What about TNT5 etc?
0 Ratings
Message 36 of 92

Go to solution

@gomezz  According to Discovery+

Depending on your subscription and device, you may get the following channels:

• TNT Sports 1, 2, 3, and 4: Available in standard and high definition, plus six red-button channels.
  • TNT Sports Ultimate: Stream select events in 4K HDR and Dolby Atmos (with a compatible device).
  • TNT Sports Box Office: Get pay-per-view access to exciting sports events (for both subscribers and non-subscribers).

So It looks like the extra content / special event streams will appear when they are broadcast rather than be permanent buttons.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 92

Go to solution
Yes - the (formerly known as) extra channels have become event-based. We wanted to do the same in the BT Sport app (to save money broadcasting a slate all day), but we never got around to it.
And yes you're right, they've changed the subscription package options now too - thanks for the pointer.
0 Ratings
Message 38 of 92

Go to solution

Sky customers do get 'Entertainment + Sport' as a free pass.

Today, as said above, is a new 'Premium' level for £29.99 which includes TNT Sports.

@DarrenDevwrote:
discovery+ has 2 levels: "entertainment", and "entertainment & sports".
BT TV customers without a sports subscription get entertainment. With a Sport subscription get both.
Sky subscribers will be getting just entertainment for their free pass.

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 92

Go to solution

Understood @ozsat - that changed this morning.

The main thing is that they're not getting TNT Sports for free.  That's the bit that I didn't believe would happen, and I'm happy it has been confirmed.

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 92

Go to solution

Yep - confirmed that TNT is NOT free to Sky customers - and TNT channels are NOT available on SkyQ to any customers even if you subscribe to them via BT or direct with Discovery+.

@DarrenDevwrote:

Understood @ozsat - that changed this morning.

The main thing is that they're not getting TNT Sports for free.  That's the bit that I didn't believe would happen, and I'm happy it has been confirmed.

0 Ratings