cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Discovery channel with Entertaiment

Hi, I would be grateful of someone could help with the following please. I have just signed up for the Entertainment tv package, in the 'What you get with Entertainment' list it clearly shows the Discovery channel under 'more channels', I get the 'upgrade your package' message trying to access it on the pro box guide (320). I have spoken to at least 6 people from BT and getting nowhere, one said it should be part of the Entertainment package another said as it's an add on it's not included, if this the case it surely shouldn't be listed. I've searched the forums but can't find an answer any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Fred

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Discovery channel with Entertaiment

@fredc there is a difference between the Entertainment package and the NOW Entertainment add-on. The Entertainment package includes access to the Discovery channel (as do the Big Entertainment and VIP packages). The NOW Entertainment add-on does not include access to the Discovery channel.

What package are you on?

The good news is you should be able to stream the Discovery channel via the Discovery+ app.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@fredc  You get Discovery  linear channel if your base BT TV package is Entertainment , Big Entertainment  or VIP .

If your base BT TV package is Sports or Big Sports  you do not get the Discovery linear channel.

(by linear channel I mean this is the channel listed in the BT TV box EPG 320  that is delivered by multicast and can be recorded).

discovery+ basic and premium have the Discovery channel and others available to view or watch on demand by the discovery+ app. If your base pack or any addons to it include TNT Sports you will get discovery+ premium , if you only have Entertainment or big Entertainment without tnt sports then you will get discovery+ basic.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

To BillyM and Zulu 17

Thank you both for your replies. I thought I was signing up for Entertainment tv (24 month) and had no idea there was a Now Entertainment add on part which is not easy to figure out anywhere in the ad. I responded to offers through MyBT and signed up for, broadband + landline, TNT sport and Entertainment. It looks like I have been signed up for the Now tv part only, do you know if the price stays the same if I change to the Entertainment (24 mths) and would this include the basic Netflix part as well? I appreciate I can get the discovery channels through the app, the 30 day add on maybe more attractive looking ahead. Thanks again much appreciated. Fredc.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

You can login to your My BT, go to your products page, and change your TV package from there. 

The price will go up, price will depend on your broadband package. 

This will give you the discovery channel in the EPG and Netflix Basic. You can click what is included before you sign up and it will tell you exactly what you get. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thank you Weerab 1983, yes the My BT option seems the best route and I will have a proper look, the only down side I've experienced is being locked out of offers etc for days whilst an order is processed if you want to do more than one thing, speaking to someone on the phone has not been the best experience. The forum has been a great help for all things BT, I've got DV coming up so geared up for it, perhaps the forum could start taking orders maybe things would be a bit smoother. Regards Fredc.

0 Ratings