cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Discovery+ pause issue

I've noticed that when using the Discovery+ app, if you pause the programme at any point and then continue to play, then the programme will pause after every subsequent advert break.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Discovery+ pause issue

This could be more an app issue and not a BT/EE issue.

Try Discovery's own support pages for this.

discovery+ crashes during ad break

discovery+ loads slow, buffers, or pauses

If it was happening on every app that you use, then it could be a box issue or broadband issue etc, however if it is only affecting one app, then it is more likely to be just an issue with that particular app.

Also, this issue is not just related to EE TV, it has been asked about many times for Roku and Sky users too, and similar replies where given there too....

Re: How to fix Discovery Plus app pausing and skipping
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As previously stated, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Discovery+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,

I have noticed similar problems on an Sky App, it is Discovery +, I rebooted my puck and it resolved the issue.

It's worth a try. Just switch off at the plug socket for a minute and then switch it back on. It takes about a minute to reboot.

If that doesn't help try refreshing the Apps. It takes a while to complete but is done in the background.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Discovery+ pause issue

@infinitywaiter Yes it's only Discovery+ and only on the EETV box. I'll raise it with Discovery.

0 Ratings