cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

EE BT TV Buffering after last firmware upgrade.

Go to solution

I have a problem with my BT EE TV, ever since the firmware upgrade on Sunday its been buffering when I try and watch any live program from the program guide.

I have 1Gb broadband and its working fine. The box can stream fine with iplayer, netflix, any of the apps but selecting any live program from the guide and it buffers.

I can stream on my laptop, phone, wifes laptop and use netflix on the bt box all at the same time with no issues, but if I try and view any live program with nothing else streaming it buffers very badly.

I believe its an issue with either my box and / or the new firmware

any ideas ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: EE BT TV Buffering after last firmware upgrade.

Go to solution
Have you tried rebooting your box at the mains? There seems to be suggestion from other posts on here that the box doesn't work at top performance after the upgrade, but improves after a second reboot.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @zentac thanks for posting. Is the buffering evident on all channels, and is your TV box using a Wi-Fi or wired connection? iplayer, netflix and apps mostly use "adaptive" streaming to change bit rate dynamically depending on available network capacity basically promoting connection stability whereas "live" TV using multicast is very dependant on a continuous delivery of packets across the network, hub and in-home connection.

If you can confirm how the box is connected and how the buffering presents (blocky picture and/or intermittent sound?) I can get some checks done for you.

thanks,

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I spoke to BT via online chat today and they recommended a factory reset, from what I can tell this appears to have fixed the issue. I will come back if it hasnt moving forward.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

So the factory reset fixed it for a few weeks, but Its back again today, and this time a factory reset hasnt fixed it.

Im on wireless, less than 1m away from a BT WiFi Disk, that is wired back to my router. My phone is getting about 350Mbps on fast.com

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Maybe unplug the disc from ethernet and let it connect via wifi back to the hub, if the hub's wireless is activated and it's not too far from it, then plug an ethernet cable from the TV box to the disc instead?

It seems to have troubles with it's own wifi system. But using ethernet it seems to work fine. I had similar problems with sky channels until I did this.

0 Ratings