cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

EE TV Box Pro and various "Recording" issues.

Got the box about 2 weeks ago and having lots of issues with "recording" stuff.

1. About half the scheduled recordings (maybe about 5 or 6) have not worked and it is not trying to do to many recordings at the same time.
  2. When a recording has finished you get the screen telling you this and to press the "Back" button. This does nothing.
  3. When watching a recording how do you stop and exit it , there is no "Stop" button on the remote, only "Pause" and the "Back" button does nothing.
  4. You can press the "Pause" to pause live TV then "Play" to continue but not actual way to rewind it.

On the old YouView box I think there were setting for the pausing of live TV and how long a "buffer" you wanted to be able to rewind - I think I had 3hours set. Can't find anything for the EE box.

Also I have found that some of the buttons on the remote have long press features like holding down the main EE button the switch off the TV and Box, holding down the "FWD" and "RWD" to jump the 15 / 60 seconds instead of the x2,x6 etc but nothing seems to fix any of the above issues like maybe holding down Pause or Back to stop.

Am I missing something or is the recording and controlling live TV a major step back?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: EE TV Box Pro and various "Recording" issues.

Sounds like something is very strange with your remote? The back and rewind buttons should have worked in the scenarios you've described.
Rewinding live TV is possible for as long as you've been watching the channel, up to a maximum of 2 hours - this limit has never been configurable.
I would suggest that maybe your remote just needed pairing, but you say that the pause button works, which suggests it's paired OK.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Since posting I have discovered that you need to Pause live TV first before the rewind button will work.

There just seems to be a lot of bad "coding" in the menu system.

Another example, now there is not an independent button to just turning the TV on so I press the "EE" button and both the box and the TV come on. I change the source to one of the other HDMI sockets to use my console to collect some daily loyalty points which can only takes minutes so there is no need to switch off the EE box. I finish on the console, turn it off and put the source back and on the screen there is the error message about bad signal and to either press Help or Back to exit. BUT on the screen behind the error message is that partial TV guide screen you get when you first switch the box on and the Back button and the others are still controlling that and have no effect on getting rid of the error message. I have to change channel to get rid of the error message.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for the bug report @spamthroat - I'll pass that on to our YouView liaison.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I thought I had found the issue and that I had to pause first before rewinding but that is not the problem.

Now I have noticed it is on ITV HD or standard, channel 103 / 3 where it does not work, BBC 1 HD and CH4 HD are fine - not tried Channel 5 yet.

The last couple of times I have tried rewinding live TV was in the morning during a live broadcast of "This Morning".

I know some phone apps such as the Channel 4 one allow a lot less functionality with the live feed compared with on demand so just wondering if the box can limit functionality depending on the channel or program type.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

ITV prevents you using trickplay (pause, rewind, forward) during the ad breaks. It should be possible at all other times.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

It is just during normal live TV of the actual broadcast, pressing rewind jumps back a second or so then back forward to the live bit then back a second then forward again for a very stuttery picture.

Now I know what channel it is happening on I can try it at different times and different programs and the other ITV channels and see if it changes.

But have to wait till my partner is not trying to watch the TV and moaning when I keep flipping to different channels.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I have tried a few experiments of pausing / rewinding live TV on live shows (news, morning TV) and non-live stuff like afternoon quiz show and they all work EXCEPT on "This Morning" on ITV 1.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

OK, thanks for the investigation. I can only assume they're marking the entire "This Morning" programme as one long ad break. I'll get it checked out.
0 Ratings