cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

EE TV Box Pro

Got this 2 months ago and recently the screen goes black for a second then instantly restores itself.This is an intermittent fault but does happen a lot.I have restored the EE TV Box to factory settings unplugged everything but to no avail.It isn't the TV as it works perfectly well when I play a DVD.

I think either the EE TV Box is faulty or possibly the HDMI cable although I have checked the cable and it seems fine.Has anybody else had this problem or is there something else I could do to correct the fault?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: EE TV Box Pro

Good morning @toval.

Welcome to the BT Community 😊

Does it seem to be any particular channel or service that you're using when this happens?

Also are you using an aerial for live TV, or are you using your box in IP mode?

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

It happens on any channel whether live or recorded and yes I use an aerial for live TV for the terrestrial channels (ITV BBC etc) and broadband for the digital channels (Sky etc).

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks @toval!

If it's happening with both live TV through your aerial and with streams / recordings, this does suggest it could be down to the connection between your box and TV.

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable to see if this makes any difference?

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I've just bought a new HDMI cable but as my TV is on the wall I need help to install it.When it is I'll report back to see if it has made a difference.Thanks for your comments so far.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Cheers @toval, the only downside of a wall mount 😅

I'll keep everything crossed that this sorts things out, but please keep us posted on how you get on!

Peter

0 Ratings