cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

EE TV and Britbox

HI Gang...been a while since I was last in here...hope everyone is well 🙂

I know that Britbox is being 'turned off' as a stand-alone service soon, so the Britbox app won't work anymore...and all of the Britbox content will be available via ITVX.

I subscribe to Britbox via EE TV, does anyone know what actions we have to take, or how this will be managed by EE?

cheers

mike

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: EE TV and Britbox

Guess no one else is in this boat....Mods is there a help email address I can ping?

cheers

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I'm not quite in the same boat, having an Annual Britbox subscription I pay via Google Play.

But would think EETV is covered by the "BT or EE" in the following:

https://watch.britbox.co.uk/itvxpremium/closure

I subscribed to BritBox on iTunes, Roku, Google, BT or EE. What’s happening to my subscription?

When the BritBox app and website close at the end of April 2024, your BritBox account will close if you haven’t already cancelled it.

If you had an annual subscription, we’ll refund you for any unused months you have left on your BritBox subscription. We’ll credit the same payment method you used to pay for BritBox.

You can already watch the entire BritBox catalogue on ITVX with an ITVX Premium subscription.

Message 4 of 5

Cheers -  looks like the EE folks aren't being migrated like 'normal' subscribers, I guess EE don't have an arrangement with ITVX...I'll have to take out a new ITVX subscription 

Thanks

M

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@mikef I doubt whether BT will migrate you onto ITV X Premium as they do not sell (bill)  that product. If you have an  existing Britbox monthly rolling addon to EE TV  billed by BT then they (BT) would be responsible to advise you when they are ceasing your addon subscription payments and any arrangements for refunding any part of the month that you have been cjarged in advance.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/britbox-on-bt-tv

ITV have already said

"I subscribed to BritBox on iTunes, Roku, Google, BT or EE. What's happening to my subscription?

When the BritBox app and website closes at the end of April 2024, your BritBox account will close if you haven’t already cancelled it."

Bear in mind that ITV X app released on Youview EE TV boxes  appears to still be restricted to SD on demand content.

0 Ratings