cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 86

EE now offering Sky Stream

Seems EE TV will be offering Sky Stream soon.  

The TV side of EE gets stranger by the day.

"Here’s a twist we didn’t see coming: Sky and EE are joining forces, and from October 15, EE customers will be able to add Sky Stream, Sky’s streaming-based box, to their EE Broadband packages.

Yes, the same EE that already has its own TV service."

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/sky-stream-coming-to-ee/

0 Ratings
85 REPLIES 85
Message 2 of 86

Re: EE now offering Sky Stream

And more commentary...

"Beginning of the end of EE TV?

EE’s parent company BT has been trying for over a decade to develop a rival pay TV system to Sky. It began with the original BT Vision box, that was replaced by YouView. BT continued to develop YouView as part of a consortium that included the main public service broadcasters and TalkTalk. The TV service piggybacked off Freeview, with the main free-to-air channels delivered via an aerial, with premium content via the internet."

https://rxtvinfo.com/2024/sky-teams-up-with-ee-is-this-the-end-of-ee-tv/

Message 3 of 86

Hope not, I like the proper recording function of the EETV Box.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 4 of 86

@derryviewerwrote:

Beginning of the end of EE TV?

Difficult to imagine any other logic behind the move, & would certainly fit in with the cost cutting path that Kirkby has  embarked on.

Why anyone would choose the Sky Entertainment offering at £28 vs the EE/Now version with a PVR for £20 is hard to fathom. Unless of course the Sky option is soon to be the only option.

Message 5 of 86

The Sky pricing is horrible, with the EETV Box you are kinda 'ish' getting a Sky Q equivalent, recordable box and access to pretty much the same channel set, apps half decent EPG. (Finally solved when UHD Sky Sports comes to EETV). Spec up the same setup on Sky Q as on EETV and the price difference is quite dramatic.

Sky Stream with the puck thingy is closer in price but service does not match.

So yeah, I hope this isnt the end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 6 of 86

Recording and skipping ads is no longer acceptable to the content providers @naylor2006, all PVRs are on their final lap.

Marc Allera who heads up EE has been pretty clear on the vision, partner and earn some money from other product or service providers rather than maintain costly channels or platforms yourself.

There will now be a period where BT/EE employees talk about how there are “no plans” to change EE TV, that it is here for the long haul etc. and in 18 months there will be an announcement that they didn’t see coming.

I’ve read this book before.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 7 of 86

You can pay on Sky Stream to skip some ads cant you?

I looked into all the packages when Openreach completed the work here, Sky BB and Sky Q (Sports) worked out so expensive compared EETV with Big Sport.....the comparative pricing was Sky Stream but again no box and extra charge for skipping ads...whilst also being more expensive in total still. The only redeeming factor for myself at the time was that Sky Sports UHD channels that I could get, but the pricing still wasnt right, at that time. I get those via NowTV at the moment with Ultra Boost, but this is why im excited if EETV ever get around to bringing Ultra Boost over. They are taking their time and if it was being phased out entirely in the future then why bother continuing to work towards bringing them in.

Message 8 of 86

@naylor2006wrote:

You can pay on Sky Stream to skip some ads cant you?

You can, so you get ad free but the content providers still gets a cut.

@naylor2006wrote:

They are taking their time and if it was being phased out entirely in the future then why bother continuing to work towards bringing them in.

Because EE will want to see how this deal goes before making the next decision, meanwhile any current plans will continue until a new plan is communicated.

The last person to ever find out that something is being stopped is the person working on it.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 86

Oh good, all is not lost, seems like one day ill have to pay to not watch ads.

ITV on EETV does my head in, its the only channel you cannot record and fast forward through ads, EVEN IF you pay for the ITVX service to skip ads....you can only skip them on the app. 

I recorded a few football games, Euro's, some FA Cup last season and having to fast forward then watch ads, fast forward, then watch ads just go get to kick off.

Well I hope UHD Sport does come eventually, I am paying for NowTV and Big Sport at the moment 🤣

Message 10 of 86

If it makes you feel any better, itvX is rubbish pretty much anywhere.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings