cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 102

Re: EE now offering Sky Stream

@naylor2006 

It doesn’t record onto a drive as obvs there isn’t one but it allows you to ‘record’ and store it in the cloud to view later in what Stream calls ‘playlists.’ 

When I had stream I found it basically the same as watching a recording back on EE TV, it just it pulls it from the cloud rather than a physical drive. 

If say you’ve added a particular football match to your playlist when you later view it under playlists it even says recorded.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 102

@stereohaven 

Oh, I don’t know - subscribe to Sky Stream, and you’ll lose a few pounds 😛

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 23 of 102

My question would be can you do that for football matches more than 2 hours after it’s finished?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 102

@naylor2006wrote:

My question would be can you do that for football matches more than 2 hours after it’s finished?

You would add the game from the TV Guide to your playlist and then it becomes available to watch once the on demand version (or cloud recording), is ready.

To be fair this is very quick in most cases these days. They had a lot of problems with F1 in the early days.

For what it is worth, while the hardware is built to a price point (cheap), the live channel picture quality is outstanding.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 102

Firstly, apologies everyone, I didn’t mean to hijack this thread with my own use case…

For me, someone who will probably end up with Sky Stream, I just want to know if I could watch a 1400 or 1630 kick off the same evening at 1900 ish, sometimes the super Sunday 1630 hasn’t even finished by 1900 coverage wise so I guess not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 102

You can as you will add the football to your playlist or use “watch from start” if the game is still on, which luckily is available from the playlist, so you don’t have to go to the live channel.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 27 of 102

@naylor2006 

Genuinely the only gripe I had with Stream was the hardware. For me it did slightly diminish the experience but otherwise it is a fantastic product.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 102

@naylor2006 another benefit is, that if you stumble across a TV show and realise it 4 episodes in, add it to your playlist and it'll pull through all available episodes and seasons 👌🏻

Oh and multiple profiles..

Message 29 of 102

@NigelB72wrote:

@naylor2006 another benefit is, that if you stumble across a TV show and realise it 4 episodes in, add it to your playlist and it'll pull through all available episodes and seasons 👌🏻

Oh and multiple profiles..

Plus the option to stream in UHD (if the series or show is available in UHD), regardless of the "recording" being set from a live channel.

Message 30 of 102

It makes sense now that BT/EE are saving money with this Sky deal, as they haven't added any new channels for a long time outwith the Now agreement.

Also it would be interesting to note when the Now agreement ends, whether they will just show the sky channels on the other boxes, bypassing Now, as existing Now channels are just IP streams anyway. 

0 Ratings