cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 105

Re: EE now offering Sky Streamdoscount.

I left BT TV as it was called back in 2022 when I moved to Now direct with discounts.

As with BT TV well over 4 years.

I still with the Now service with discounts and now have Ultra HD boost wit a discount.

Dont have sport.

I also have Prime, Netflix standard without ads and pay for extra member so my sister can watch Netflix.

Also have Disney+ standard without ads and thinking of paying for an ecpxtra member on that so my sister can keep using Disney+.

I have looked at getting Sky Stream a few times but have never got it.

I do still like to record TV now and again on an old Youview box. As there are still some shows that are not on a catch up/on demand service but I know given time PVR boxes will be slowly phased out.

I many use a Firestick for most of my apps.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 105

Rumours over on the Sky community is that Q will be phased out eventually in favour of Sky Stream/Glass, which could be fine so long as customer still get access to the content when they want to watch it.

Its going to create alot more internet traffic, the benefit of EETV is that it uses Multicast, Unicast which is used by pretty much all the streaming giants is far less efficient at providing the same content to lots of people. Sky Stream is Unicast, so if Sky dishes are going to be a thing of the past at some point and EETV gone in favour of Sky Stream...I assume bandwidth considerations have been made.

Having said that, at least with Sky Stream you can just plug it into a any ISP 3rd Party Router and off you go right?

The way things are going when my BT Broadband and EETV comes up for renewal it seems I'm best moving to someone like Aquiss for broadband and Sky Stream for TV. I hope BT will surprise me when I come up for renewal though 😕

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 105

@naylor2006 

You’ll be pleased to know that Sky Sports UHD Main Event is available in “low latency” on Stream so the delay is on par with what we currently get with multicast via EE TV. 

They are rolling out lower latency streams to all the sports channels in the future and I can imagine then to the rest of the channels.

More info on the update that brought this change here: https://www.skygroup.sky/article/entertainment-os-on-sky-keeps-getting-smarter-thanks-to-clever-new-...

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 105

The delay isnt a huge deal whether its 10 seconds or 30 etc....but the wider internet infra impact would be an interesting discussion. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 35 of 105

Re: EE now offering Sky Stream discount

@naylor2006 

Unless you hear next door cheering, and have to wait 30 seconds to see what for….😢

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 36 of 105

@Midnight_Voice haha yeah, this is an issue, particularly for International Football where more people are likely to be watching the same game and supporting the same team. Being the snob that I am I only watched the 2018 World Cup on the BBC UHD feed, even though I had Virgin Media at the time (probably small delay on cable too)....so there was a 30 second at least delay and I lived in inner Bristol then. Concrete echoed everything around and it wasnt like I could close windows as that summer, man alive.....Been fortunate to move somewhere quieter now although I still did take some precautions when watching HDR BBC games this Euro. 

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 105

Watching football that’s behind live does my head in!

Twitter tells you there’s a goal before you’ve seen it and no I won’t switch my phone off lol

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 105

You dont have to turn your phone off, you can just not have Twitter open permanently!

Message 39 of 105

But I like to read tweets about United as I’m watching to see if everyone is frustrated as I am…LOL

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 105

As @Colesy7 has said, Sky Sports Main Event is available in Low Latency on a separate channel. It's technically still in trial but you get the prompt on screen if you want to switch to that feed. 

The delay on live sports isn't as dramatic as people are making out. BBC HDR feed was around 30 seconds behind live and Sky Sports via Stream is typically 10-20 seconds even on UHD HDR with Atmos. 

With low latency, this is closer to 10 seconds and more or less in line with Satellite and Multicast.

Remember, all live sport will have an inherent delay.