cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 105

Re: EE now offering Sky Stream discount

@Colesy7 said:

But I like to read tweets about United as I’m watching to see if everyone is frustrated as I am…LOL

This is the sort of solidarity that keeps me sane.

Im not so fussed about the delay, very rarely does it ruin the experience, picture quality and audio quality is far more important, i'd take a 30 second delay every day for that. I can see myself with Sky Stream in the future.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 42 of 105

@naylor2006 the picture quality on Stream is outstanding, especially on UHD HDR 

Message 43 of 105

Thanks @NigelB72 , I really thing im going to end up there, there's no way BT are going to end up retaining me after my 24 months is up based on the experiences ive read on here. Having said that, folks normally only post bad things.

£80 I pay now for 900Mbps and Big Sport (UHD Addon)......

So whats going to happen, im going to get shunted to EE for BB I assume also but not get new customer prices, I pay BT for my TV now also, so everything will have to go over assuming at some unfavorable price. I will stay if its still under £100 for the same.

Its a long way off but moving to a new BB provider for BB only then going to Sky direct for Stream will hopefully work out well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 44 of 105

I pay £135 for 500mbps, Stream, Sky Sports and Cinema, UHD, add skipping , Multi room and Netflix premium upgrade. Netflix standard, Discovery+ and Paramount+ are all included in the various packs so all in all, it's pretty good value. 

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 105

Not sure how long I can go off topic for before getting yet another warning but....

I cant go with Sky Broadband, well I probably can but the DHCPv6 PD config is quite unproven when it comes to using your own router....so will stick to one of the PPPOE lot, I already have one in mind who's pricing and support are great and then actually require you to use your own router 🙂

Just had a look at pricing to match my BT TV Service.

naylor2006_0-1728562112245.png

That is what I pay now for 900Mbps, Sky Sports, TNT Sports (Boost) and the EETV Box Pro, sure I dont have Sky Entertainment or Netflix but neither of which I need. I hate the way Sky have always made you buy entertainment first!

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 105

Let’s see if we can get banned together @naylor2006.

Firstly, there is no obligation to buy Sky Broadband and personally I have never found their kit to be very good.

Secondly, I don’t care what anyone says, TNT Sport is exceptionally overpriced for what you get. If you want it then getting app access that you can use on many devices (including Stream), is the way to go.

Cheapest access is as an add on to certain EE mobile plans.

No one should sign up for UHD or ad skipping when ordering Stream. As soon as you have bought it you will be offered both for free in MySky for at least 30 days. Cancel before the end of the free access and you will be offered it for free again. Rinse and repeat.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 47 of 105

Yeah, I wouldnt go with Sky Broadband anyway, but I'd consider Stream stand alone.

TNT is over priced unless you are getting it via BT, Big Sport being £35, if you assume NOW Sport consumes at least £20 of that....Sky charging £25 is steep but I'm going to imagine they are passing some fee down to the customer, what is Discovery Plus these days, 30 quid a month?

Thanks for the tip, ill definitely bear that in mind should I ever come to order, have to see what my BT renewal will look like, at the moment I am a satisfied customer, but it seems alot of people are until it comes to renewal.

Message 48 of 105

@naylor2006 

one word of advise (if you do go through sky forgive me if not!) but don’t order on the website, always do it over the phone. When I had stream I got some amazing deals over the phone which were much friendlier to the wallet! 

Message 49 of 105

@Brucemeister5 

Saw you post on another topic, did you say this was launching today with EE?

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 105