cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 98

Re: EE now offering Sky Stream discount

When we renewed in March I stuck with BT due to the horror stories that were circulating at the time. My O/H would have killed me if we’d been caught up in those problems. When I look at what’s available to us on EE now it looks much more attractive that it did back then, and we’d also save money on what we’re paying even though we still can’t get FTTP. I just need to be sure that the new ordering system will really deliver.

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 98

@Brucemeister5 yeah, venturing into the unknown, too many horror stories on here about it, also I have BT discounts applied etc with 18 months left

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 73 of 98

Got caught up in a migration to EE, on 4th June this year and it turned into Fred Karno's Circus. I switched back to BT and this has caused no end of problems.  I've  probably spoken to about 40 advisors,  all very apologetic but often not able to resolve the problems.  As I write, still without any sports channels or digital phone. Wouldn't even like to consider the consequences of Sky Stream

Message 74 of 98

@naylor2006 We have 18 months left with BT too, but we’d be better off with EE now for the equivalent products, even though we have a good discounted deal. It  might be worth having a look at EE if you haven’t already.

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 98

That reminds me - I need to phone up and cancel Full Works. I only took it back in August as it was discounted to £25 a month for 3 months (alongside a NowTv UHD sports pack i took out directly with Now). Will be switching from Full Works to TNT Sport only (with UHD).

Holding out for EETV to deliver Now UHD seems pointless to me. Who knows when it'll be available. Next week? Next month? Next year? As far as I can make out we won't get it through Pro box until the EETv ordering system works. And from the outside that looks like a nightmare - I mean, how can you migrate your customers from one platform to another without a functioning order system. It beggars belief.

Message 76 of 98

@Brucemeister5 

Just out of curiosity I took a look at EE, as I'm out of contract next month. Like-for-like FTTC & PAYG is £8 more than I'm currently paying. So no savings for me.

Message 77 of 98

@rbz5416 hopefully if you do join EE you will be treated as a new customer and get new customer prices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 78 of 98

@rbz5416wrote:

@Brucemeister5 

Just out of curiosity I took a look at EE, as I'm out of contract next month. Like-for-like FTTC & PAYG is £8 more than I'm currently paying. So no savings for me.

I thought they were supposed to contact those coming to the end of BT contracts to offer them a "super deal" to switch to EE? 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 79 of 98

@Hoobawrote:

I mean, how can you migrate your customers from one platform to another without a functioning order system. It beggars belief.

🤣

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 80 of 98

@stereohavenwrote:
I thought they were supposed to contact those coming to the end of BT contracts to offer them a "super deal" to switch to EE?

I've had no contact from  BT other than to try to get me to renew at a higher price 6 months before the contract end. No sign of the mandatory Ofcom required end of contract notification either.