cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

EETV Contract renewal emails

I am getting regular reminders ' not to forget/miss out' on renewing my contract which ends in a few weeks. I have BT Broadband and an EETV package. I assume these reminders are just marketing and that nothing will happen when my contract expires. The suggestion in these emails is that I will lose the TV I have on the end of contract date.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: EETV Contract renewal emails

@homerhotspur 

You might lose any agreed discounts as you should simply move onto standard pricing at the end of your current deal.

Some prefer to re-contract if they can get a better deal and intended to stay anyway.

The only other potential complications I can think of are if the package you are on is deemed “legacy” and they want to get you off it or if they want to try and fully push you to EE if you do re-contract. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 17

There are currently no plans to force anyone over to EE, though promotions are now primarily aimed at EE contracts (e.g. free multiroom).
Whilst we'd love to move people away from all the legacy packages (it would save us a lot of work), there are also currently no plans to do so.

So if you do nothing at the end of your contract, you'll just carry on with your current package.
Message 4 of 17

Thank you.

So, what is likely to happen if I decided to renew post contract expiry? Will BT be trying to sell me a new 24 month deal for Broadband , calls and EE TV or will they try to separate me into paying a separate TV contract with EE like they did with the mobile phone contracts last time?

Also, I keep seeing links showing a new EE box. Are these automatically being rolled out when a BTTV customer renews with an EETV package?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

If you have a TV Box Pro already, and you choose the Pro box for your new subscription, then you'll keep the existing box. For anything else, you'll receive a replacement.
If you have BT broadband and choose to remain with them, you will take EE TV as part of that contract - it'll be extended by 24 months.
If you want to move to EE broadband, your contract for TV will be with them too.
It will never split - you can't have broadband with one, TV with the other.
Message 6 of 17

@homerhotspur We renewed a couple of months ago now. We stayed with BT for broadband as EE can’t offer us anything better on our line than the 51 Mbps that we get with BT. We were offered good renewal deals for broadband & tv and are now paying less for both than we were before on a new 24 month contract. We kept our landline and had to switch over to Digital Voice, but have had no issues with that at all. We have kept our BT Pro tv box that we had at the beginning of the last contract and it works really well for our requirements. We have been out of contract with BT Mobile for over a year now and will probably stay like that until we are told otherwise.

You may need to be assertive and stand your ground when you phone up if you are unfortunate enough to speak to someone who is pushy in wanting to move you over to EE. However, it may rather depend if EE are able to offer you more than was the case with us. We weren’t interested in the Apple TV being offered on EE. If you want to stay with BT, you can, even if the person that you speak to is keen to move you over.

Message 7 of 17

All useful replies and information thank you. Its amazing how out of touch with things you get every 2 years.  I need to read up about 'Digital Voice' as I don't really know what that's all about . I hadn't realised that BT and EE were both offering competing broadband and tv packages either. I  just thought that BT were offloading mobile phones to EE , followed by TV, whilst keeping broadband as its core product. It does rather complicate matters, compared to previously.

I don't have a Pro box. Will this be known to BT or will I need to flag it up ?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

If your TV Box Pro was supplied by BT then it'll be on your account - you don't need to let us know.

I agree that it is confusing and complicates things to still sell "EE TV" on BT Broadband. I can only assume there are good reasons.

The ultimate goal is for BT to become a business-only brand - "BT Means Business" is the new slogan - with all residential customers being on EE products. That's going to take a while though.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Let’s have a go:-

BT sell their own broadband with their own BT router and their own BT extender discs.

EE sell their own broadband with their own EE router and their own EE extender discs.

Both entities supply EE TV, the same streaming service, where you can elect to have a Pro box (YouView recorder) and up to two non-recording Mini boxes (also YouView).

With EE only, you can elect to have a non-recording EE Apple TV box instead of the PRO box, and the Mini boxes are free, whereas on BT you pay for them.

I’m vague about phone services, though I expect BT Mobile will continue to exist, even if only for business customers in the future. EE mobile is firmly established as a consumer brand, though it does currently have a business arm.

My DV adaptor is labelled BT, though this may be historical. My DV phone, supplied by BT, has no external branding at all; not BT, not EE. As far as I know, DV is BT proprietary, but maybe it, or an equivalent, is in EE routers too?

But certainly, unless there are other subtle differences I’ve missed, it seems best to consider EE TV as a single streaming service, but one which can be served up via alternative hardware. 

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Some corrections @Midnight_Voice :

Regardless of BT or EE broadband, you'll receive an EE branded TV Box.

On BT Broadband, you can only have a maximum of 1 extra box.

BT Mobile is no longer sold - no new customers allowed, and existing customers are actively being encouraged to move.

The DV service is the same on BT or EE broadband.