cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

EETV on Apple TV 4K box - Missing live channels

Go to solution

All

I thought that part of the BT TV app to EE TV app was that you could now watch all subscribed live channels via the EETV app on the Apple TV 4K box, eg BBC, ITV through to Now TV Sky Atlantic, Sky Sports, TNT etc.

I can only see Discovery and TNT channels on the EETV app on my Apple 4K box.  I am signed in, well it automatically signed in to my broadband account using the correct details when i set it up the other day, plus it must be signed in correctly as I can watch TNT Sports channels via it.

Basically it isnt acting as a 2nd box as i understand it should now do.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: EETV on Apple TV 4K box - Missing live channels

Go to solution

Are you signed up to the new EE TV using an EE branded Apple TV box provided to you as part of your subscription? If you’re using your own box I think that might explain why.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

The content providers require that EE only offer their channels on hardware that is provided as part of the subscription (which also needs to be returned when the subscription ends). Any attempt to use an Apple TV from any other source will reduce the  (EE TV) app to only offering the same channels as the mobile apps.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Does the EETV app on an Apple TV box supplied by EE allow you to pause and rewind live TV?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I'm having a similar problem but only on one of two Apple TVs.

When I open the EE TV app the Apple TV that works shows "Guide" in the side bar and shows all channels like BBC, ITV, Sky Max etc allowing you to stream them. ITV does require you to connect to your ITVX account to enable it though.

The other Apple TV shows "Live" in the sidebar instead of "Guide" and only shows the Discovery and TNT sports channels available to stream.

Both logged into the same BT account which has the broadband and TV subscriptions on it, not really sure how one works and the other doesn't.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@Othernine  Are either of the Apple 4K boxes supplied by EE and do you have a  current EETV subscription  with EE or BT ?  Also  do you have a multiroom subscription to either EE or BT ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

You shouldn't have access to the Freeview channels @Othernine on your own Apple TV.

I've added your name to the investigation on why some devices are being shown channels they shouldn't have access to.

0 Ratings