cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

EETV streaming channels and apps

I know the service has only just gone live or over to eetv but is there any updates coming ?

Is there more apps coming like YouTube or Disney ?

I know you can use your smart TV but would be nice to have them all under one platform .

And streaming channels via WiFi is there going to be an update ?

Radio stations would be another good addition too .

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: EETV streaming channels and apps

YouTube has been coming for 4 years, possibly longer, Disney+ will arrive when it does, assuming it doesn't go bust before then.

Streaming channels over WiFi is available now if you have a Pro Box and radio is BBC Sounds if in IP mode or an expanded range if using an aerial, depending on your Freeview coverage.

You could also of course just use a radio or smart speaker, there isn't really a need to record radio these days as some did with the availability of live/catch up apps.

If you want all of this stuff now then you should go down the Apple TV route rather than the Pro Box. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

One box to rule them all?

In the words of Joni Mitchell, that was just a dream some of us had 😢

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 4 of 7

Fully aware ...

Have the pro box ... Stream via WiFi that's the reason of my question ...

Why  are the radio choices restricted to BBC channels only via WiFi , so when are they going to update the selection like the options / selection via aerial.

Obvs I could use my phone to listen to radio but if I'm paying for a service and small updates / options should be available .

Other platforms have these options odd to not want more from a service you pay for .

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@Jogon 

We are getting some potential confusion here, and not just in this thread.

Wifi is a choice as to how you connect to your router, as distinct from wired/Ethernet.

Separately, you have the choice of broadcast/aerial/terrestrial (Aerial Mode), or internet (IP Mode), for how you get the TV channels delivered.

IP Mode is being called WiFi Mode, and I understand why; but it muddies the waters here. You can equally well run IP Mode using Ethernet, or Aerial Mode using WiFi, and we should try to keep the two pairs of things here separate.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 6 of 7

@Jogonwrote:

...Other platforms have these options odd to not want more from a service you pay for .

It's not odd, you are just missing the last 2 - 3 years of posts asking for these sorts of things, questioning decisions, feeding back on issues and largely (apart from one main BT representative who does his best), being ignored.

Haven't got an app or the same version of an app? Down to the app owner/we can't agree a deal yet.

Why have you made this functionality change? Someone thought it was a good idea/the rights owner demands it.

This EPG data is wrong again. Problem with the content provider not us.

My recordings failed again or missed the start/end. Problem with the content provider not us. 

The Pro Box is "future proof"...

Good, why doesn't it support voice search or actions? Why can't I watch my recordings on a mini box in another room? Why can't I add content from all apps to my watch list? Why are the barker channels in SD when you are trying to promote services and don't need a subscription to watch them? Why can't I watch 4K Eurosport like I can on every other platform? 

Plenty of people have asked various questions across the years, the answers are just "no", "don't know" or "not our fault guv". 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 7 of 7

@stereohaven 

Barker channels? Are you suggesting the Pro box is dogged with problems? 😛