cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

End of contract

Go to solution

My TV contract ends early Feb, I have told bt I will not renew. I have had bt tv for around 6yrs minimum. Bt are now stating I must return the bt vision HD recordable box  or incur a £115 charge. Is this correct? Do I not own the box now? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: End of contract

Go to solution

It depends on when the box you're using was supplied. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
The current box is approx 10 months old as the original of approx 3 yrs developed a fault?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

From what I understand, you will need to return the box. If you had the box before 13/12/19, it's yours to keep but if the box was supplied after that date you have to return it.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Chalochesu1963wrote:
The current box is approx 10 months old as the original of approx 3 yrs developed a fault?

Your original box was yours to keep, the replacement if sent after 13/12/2019 is on loan and needs returned or BT reserve the right to charge, more info at How to return and recycle our BT equipment for free 

We made some changes to our Terms & Conditions on 13 December 2019, meaning that BT Hubs and BT TV boxes are being loaned to you. So if you joined us or have renewed your contract on or after this date, you’ll be charged for not returning equipment to us. You’ll have 60 days to return it from the date you stopped using it before we charge you.