cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 30

Re: Error code YVM607

@Kdawber I'd recommend the steps in previous posts around changing HDMI port on the TV and trying on another TV to see if it is the EE TV box or your TV.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 30

Hi @Kdawber  - please can you share your TV make and model number?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 30

I too have this problem. All has been well tuning in to HD programmes on my Sumsung TV via my Youview box, then over night I can only tune in to SD channels. YVM607 being the culprit. I have tried everything suggested viz HDI cables, inputs, and followed every instruction given. Finally I even went to resetting factory settings. Nothing works. Your suggestion to reduce the input from 4k to HD sounds a good idea. However I have been through every sub menu on the boxes menu and can find no way of doing this. Can you help? 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 30

@Slicvic within settings, go to picture settings and change the resolution. It will give you a drop down list of values to try.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 30

@Slicvic 

Press YouView button, choose Settings (gear wheel top right), Picture & Sound, select the top option HDMI Display, scroll to 1080p, Yes, keep changes (if the display looks OK and you can see that), Done.

IMG_1356.jpeg

AAMOI, what was it set to when you went in?

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 16 of 30

Thanks for help but no go I'm afraid. It was already set to 1080. There is no HD setting on my menu. The alternatives to 1080 are 108i and 720p. I tried both. No change. Perhaps it's my box is to old. It's a HUAWI DN372T if that means anything to you. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 30

Hi @Slicvic, the DN372T is a TalkTalk Youview box so not one we support on the forum, but it's likely the YVM607 issue is due to the box not being able to agree a content protection mode for the TV channel you are trying to watch. These days HD channels are encrypted by the broadcaster and the TV must be able to support the right level of HDCP to display.

You might be able to try another HDMI port on your TV if one is available or check your TV settings to ensure that HDCP is enabled. HDCP comes in two main flavours (HDCP 1.4 and HDCP 2.2) but depending on your TV it may be referred to as something else so you may need to check the user guide for the TV to see if it's mentioned.

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 30

@Slicvic 

1080p is HD, as is 1080i at a pinch.

The equivalent of this BT/EE Community for TalkTalk box owners is:-

https://community.talktalk.co.uk

where the DN372T is still supported:-

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Compare-our-TalkTalk-TV-Boxes/ta-p/2204428

though it doesn’t support On Demand for itv any more.

If anything is too old, though, it’s likely your TV, as covered by @David_H above, as not having the HDCP smarts to pass even HD, let alone the UHD that more usually trips up older devices. What is the model number of your Samsung TV?

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 30

Hi,

Our Samsung TV model is: UE55RU7470UXXU

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 30

@Kimbals 

This seems to be an unusual TV; as far as I can tell, it has no terrestrial tuner, and is Freesat only?

But while Samsung don’t quite seem to be able to decide if it is HDMI 2.0a (adds HDR) or HDMI 2.0b (further adds HLG), any level of HDMI 2.0 should bring with it HDCP 2.2, so YVM607 shouldn’t be happening.

One thing I have noticed is that there are recent firmware and software updates for this TV:-

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55RU7470UXXU/#downloads

Is yours fully up-to-date with these? If not, try applying them and see if this fixes things.