cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Ethernet cable

Hi. I need to buy a longer ethernet cable to link my new EE/Bt Pro Youview box to my Internet hub.  I am a bit bamboozled by the amount of cables out there as there are so many! I have seen one on Amazon that I think would be ok; it says it's a 'Rhinocable Cat 6 High Speed Gigabit ethernet patch network cable'...would anybody be able to confirm that this would do the job please, as I am getting very confused... Many thanks! 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Ethernet cable

There are several that appear to meet your description all of which appear suitable. If you are going for a longer length I would avoid the slim ones.

Message 3 of 8

Ok, I'll have a look and check the cable width too. Many thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Loads of cons out there.

I stick to Amazon Basics if I have to buy there. I get mine (or makes them) elsewhere but never buy the expensive ones.

Message 5 of 8

Ok, yes, loads of cables out there...many thanks for your reply.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Whilst ethernet is generally preferred, the Pro Box was designed to run from 5GHz WiFI. So if you haven't already, it would be worth giving it a try it a try if your router isn't miles away. Annoyingly you have to physically unplug the cable first & pairing might take a few goes.

Message 7 of 8

The router is only about 4 metres away, so I think it's worth me giving it a try before I buy the cable...thank you!
Message 8 of 8

@AJMEast 

Cat 6 or better. Patch (straight through) rather than crossover.

Rhinocables are competitively priced, and a UK company.  

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings