cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Euro 2024 Series Link

Yo, if I series link the Germany game this Friday on ITV and then the Italy game on Saturday (BBC) will the EETV Box Pro record every game?

I admit on the face of it it sounds like a stupid question.

Theres bound to be some games I won’t be able to watch or remember to record so hoping it’s setup for series link.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Euro 2024 Series Link

Pretty sure "YES" is the answer.But you should also be aware that a small number of Matches are to be on BBC2 or ITV4 so you might look ahead closer to the time and Series Record for those 2 Channels also.

Message 3 of 15

I'd have thought that the meta data sent by the channel operator should cover all the Euro's broadcasts carried on that channel but you'll need to add a recording for the other channels as well 

Message 4 of 15

Ahh okay, didn’t realise that some games would be on those other channels, thanks for point that out I’ll double check.

Seems the series link has worked for the first set of ITV1 games and BBCOne.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

@NigelB72 @naylor2006 @graybag 

A Series link can channel hop if that is required; as long as the programme you want carries the correct Series CRID, the box will detect it and, if it can, record it.

The Present/Following information for every programme on every Freeview channel is transmitted on every Freeview Channel; so even if your box is tuned to, say BBC1 and ITV, then both channels will see the P/F come up for a Series CRID on, say More 4, and one of the tuners, if available, will switch to More 4 and record it for you.

There are various corner cases with boxes in deep sleep, and with cases where there could be a recording clash, but by and large, the box will follow the Series CRID from channel to channel.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 6 of 15

For matches from Sunday 23 June onwards you need to check carefully which channels the matches are scheduled on as the BBC/ITV have yet to confirm their coverage details. Last round of each group games are played simultaenously and subsequently the BBC/ITV have agreements as to who has first pick of each of the knockout  games. So advanced TV schedules in EPG  may be inaccurate until the picks/decisions are made. Election  and in case of the BBC  (Wimbledon) coverage may also mean some late schedule changes.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Always best to check that everything you want to record is actually set to record nearer the day. While the technology may allow for cross-channel CRID'ing, in my experience the CRID allocation process used by various broadcasters does not take account of that.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

@Midnight_Voice 

I can't speak for others but the Pro Box can't cope with channel changes. This has caught me out numerous times when Match of the Day has switched to BBC2.

This seems to be a limitation of the Pro Box as the Humax HDR Fox T2 from 2010 could cope with this.

Message 9 of 15

I guess ultimately I need to try to remember to check, but its been an interesting topic to discuss how autominous it is expected to me.

One update though.......ITV Series Link already hasnt worked fully.

The Series Link I setup for Germany vs Scotland on ITV1 picked up Hungary vs Switzerland but not Spain vs Croatia all on the same channel.

Im gonna have to keep an eye on it more than I though then. 

Message 10 of 15

observation from currently available  EPG data.  BBC use the same Series CRID for their live (BBC1) games as for their Match Replay game that is shown in the early hours and the late night MOTD highlights so you might get more than you expect from that series record.

@naylor2006 have you checked the  box EPG guide to check your ITV1 series link games or are you simply looking at the games shown as currently scheduled in MYTV (or box/app) ?

0 Ratings