cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Failed Recording

I have the BTTV Box Pro. Last night I set the box to record the first episode of "Joan" but the recording finished just a couple of minutes before the end.

This could have been because ITV sent out the relevant signal early (which is probable) or because the Box threw a wobbler (which is possible).

Did anyone else record the same programme and did it work properly? This would help me to understand the cause of the problem.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Failed Recording

I recorded  on a aerial feed  from Crystal  Palace transmitter on a Freeview  recorder. The accurate  recording  for ITV1 HD  appeared  to start at 21:02 and record for 62 minutes . That suggests  that the broadcast exceeded  its schedule  time window of 21:00 to 22:00 by upto 4 minutes.  

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Zulu17

Thank you very much for that. It suggests that the problem was with ITV but I certainly don’t understand why that prevents ITV from sending out the relevant signal at the end of the programme whenever that happens to be.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

We recorded it on our Pro tv box on aerial feed from Rowridge transmitter. The EETV app is telling me that the recording was 1 hour and 2 minutes long, but I’m waiting until I get access to the box to see whether or not the end was chopped off.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

We’ve got the full programme, but it cuts out before the end credits have quite finished. That’s something that’s been happening fairly often with our ITV1 recordings recently, not that we record much off that channel.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Brucemeister5

Thank you for replying. My recording didn’t get as far as the credits. We get our programmes from Pontop Pike but I hadn’t realised that the time signal was affected by the transmitter used.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@northshields @Brucemeister5 

It’s probably a regional thing.

Rowridge is Meridian for itv, Pontop Pike is Granada, maybe Tyne Tees if you used 3 instead of 103.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@Midnight_Voice @northshields @Brucemeister5 @zulu17 

Watched my recording earlier, IP mode, it cut off just as, I presume, Joan was about to agree to do a job for the ‘Antique Dealer’, ie it didn’t make the credits although I suspect very close to. 

0 Ratings