cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

How long can you pause Sky Sports on NOW App?

Go to solution

It’s me again, pausing sport till after children’s bedtimes!

I’ve read you can pause for 2 hours however last week I indeed paused the Arsenal Villa game at 1730 (kick off) and I got downstairs at about 1930, the game was still paused so I pressed play on the ATV remote, immediately it skipped to lice revealing 2-0, urgh….from memory kick off time was delayed I think.

If I pressed play at 1920 would I have been okay?

I have Big Sport and EETV so I can record the game but I also have Ultra Boost so preferably id watch the UHD stream on Now if i can pause it.

Has anyone actually paused for this long before and know the limitation?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: How long can you pause Sky Sports on NOW App?

Go to solution

Hi

We too find that you can pause for 2+ hours but when you press play you jump forward to what is effectively two hours worth of buffering. 

As you say, you need to delay pausing for as long as possible to make your two hours count!   Tim

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Did I press the wrong button, pressing play skips to live?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I believe it is supposed to be up to 2 hours, yes. If I were you I’d test it out on something that you’re not that bothered about missing first, as I think the same thing as last week is likely to happen again tonight otherwise. The delay last week was quite minimal actually due to the mics not working between all of the officials, but they fixed it and were able to start quite soon after 17:30.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I’m actually wondering if I just pressed the wrong button, IE, I pressed play on the ATV remote when I should have pressed select, and I would have been fine!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Seems the best thing to do is to open the app and start the stream around kick off time then just rewind it immediately 2 hours and let it play giving yourself 2 hours, worked well as I’m about to watch it kick off now.

I tested earlier on though, pressing play does not jump to live, it just resumes your pause.

Last week I must have had it paused for over two hours, so even though it was still paused when I got there on the screen I paused it on, when I pressed play it just skipped to live.

From now on I’m just going to wait till kick off then rewind two hours and let it play from there, giving me 2 hours to get kids to bed!

When Mr Dev breaks the news about UHD on the EETV EPG then I’ll just revert to recording again anyway.