cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

How many channels should aerial find?

I moved recently and had to have an aerial installed (through BT partner) and I'm just wondering if anyone knows how many channels the box should find via aerial?

I appreciate this might vary slightly by region, I'm in Leeds.

Currently showing 173 TV channels and 133 subscription channels.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: How many channels should aerial find?

Freeview claims to have approximately 70 channels and Freesat over 170.

The subscription channels must be you additional entertainment and sport EETV stuff?

To be honest I think that @Midnight_Voice is going to be someone who can answer this.

I think you have a good number of channels, is there a specific concern?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

We get 166 aerial and 133 subscription. Possibly you have a slight overlap there and you may find you are duplicating some channels which would end up in the 800s on the EPG.

Message 4 of 14

@lufc87 

It depends upon which transmitter your aerial is pointing at.

Pop your details in to this website to find out what you are expected to get:

https://www.freeview.co.uk/freeview-channel-checker

If you find that you seem to be getting more channels than Freeview is actually broadcasting, it could be that you are picking up more than one region. For example, the checker says that I should "only" be getting 126 channels from the Sandy Heath transmitter, (BBC East / Anglia), but my aerial also "gets a sniff" of the Oxford transmitter, which carries BBC South and Meridian.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

@Brucemeister5 

Can you check this on the EETV box in settings somewhere?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

@naylor2006When I tune ours I’m asked whether I want Southampton or London as our region. I choose Southampton which then gives us BBC South and ITV Meridian and the relevent local BBC radio stations. We don’t have any channels in the 800s which I assume means that we’re not picking up from more than one transmitter, but I’m not entirely sure about that. @Midnight_Voice will know I’m sure.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Yeah I mean to say can you check after its been tuned?

For example im in IP mode anyway so I reckon my numbers will be set by BT and what channels they punt to me, I was just wondering for the benefit of this conversation if I can check how many channels I have, because the planner doesnt go from 1-130 etc.....you cant at a glance check unless its in settings?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

IP mode is different ball game, but you can still check by going into settings>tv channels and it will show you in there. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Thanks ill take a look for my own interest!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

We’ve got 2 Pro tv boxes, one in aerial mode and one in IP mode. We bought the extra one off eBay. We’ve only got one EETV subscription though which means that we can only have one in IP mode.

0 Ratings