cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: I don’t have ITVX showing on my box

• Thank you. I don’t know who to raise the issue with? We don’t subscribe to BT but bought box independently on Amazon as reconditioned. We have the ITV Hub. 
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

ITV Hub on a BT box loads ITVX. Box Pros all say 'ITV Hub' and load 'ITVX'.

If your is still loading the old ITV Hub then you do have a problem which may be because the box is not from a proper source.

@PAULINELYNAMwrote:
  • Thank you. I don’t know who to raise the issue with? We don’t subscribe to BT but bought box independently on Amazon as reconditioned. We have the ITV Hub. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

My BTTV box is a 4K ( not pro ) box and it still has the ITV Hub not ITVX on the Apps menu , so it’s not just non BT subscriber boxes that haven’t got an updated app , but TBH , my LG TV   has apps and it has been updated with the ITVX on the TV’s app section, so I have access to ITVX via the TV itself.

As far as who can you ‘complain’ to , the answer is no one, it may be that at some point the box is  upgraded with the  ITVX app , or it may remain with just ITV Hub , it’s quite common for smart TV/ Set top boxes to stop being upgraded with the latest app versions, but  at least for now ITV Hub still works 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Thank you I’ve decided to go with the purchase of a Roku (as suggested) to resolve the problem. Thanking all contributors for their assistance.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

I’ve ordered the Roku box so I assume I don’t need the BT You View box now?
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

You will for recording TV channels and watching Freeview 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Please report back with your experience. I would love any chance to recycle BT's box. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Will do. The current BT box we’ve been very happy with just first have the ITVX ☹️
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Sorry meant ‘doesn’t have’
0 Ratings