cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 30

Re: I have read here that BT is rebranding to EE for domestic customers - is that correct?

Go to solution
Some quick clarifications:
You can move from BT to EE without penalty - it'll start a new 24 month contract.
We're still working on our ordering systems - some accounts are more complicated than others, resulting in orders that get stuck. We're working hard to fix all issues ASAP.
There shouldn't be any blaming between BT and EE - we're all one company, and mostly the same people regardless of which company you call.
BT Broadband and New EE Broadband are physically and logically the same, and the EE TV product works the same over it. New EE offers faster broadband speeds via a new ordering system, which can't currently support EE TV - the broadband can support it, but the ordering system can't take the order yet.
The EE TV Apple TV isn't physically modified - it's a regular device, but comes with a different remote control and has a serial number that is registered with Apple as being for EE TV. This is for contractual reasons to be allowed to offer the Freeview channels on it (same reason we can't offer it on other broadband providers).
The offer of 2 free IP Minis has now ended. The first one is free, and the second requires an additional monthly subscription.
Multicast requires that a dedicated section of the bandwidth is allocated to carry all the channels - this is only over the BT/EE network.
Multicast is still needed - Google for MAUD to see how BT have developed a way to use multicast to ease the ever increasing demand on internet bandwidth.
Message 12 of 30

Re: I have read here that BT is rebranding to EE for domestic customers - is that correct?

Go to solution

@DarrenDev 

Once again, thanks for the clarifications. I thought I read somewhere here that the EE router supports WiFi6, and the BT one doesn’t - was that correct? So the in-home equipment may not be the same for EE and BT at present(?)

But of course, that does not stop the broadband coming into the disparate routers, if disparate they are, from being the same.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
Message 13 of 30

Go to solution
If you buy one of the higher speed packages (only available on EE broadband) then you'll get the WiFi 6 router. It works with any broadband speed though.
Message 14 of 30

Go to solution

@DarrenDevwrote:
If you buy one of the higher speed packages (only available on EE broadband) then you'll get the WiFi 6 router. It works with any broadband speed though.

@DarrenDev Could you clarify the "higher speed packages" with EE. Our broadband from BT tops at 17mbps, how would the EE package improve on that?

It's a moot point as our new fttp provider guarantees 250 down and 150 up on their cheaper package. Just curious really.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 30

Go to solution
By "higher speed" I mean fttp above the 900Mbps max that BT offers.
If you can't get fttp then you wouldn't benefit from the new router.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 30

Go to solution

@DarrenDevwrote:
By "higher speed" I mean fttp above the 900Mbps max that BT offers.
If you can't get fttp then you wouldn't benefit from the new router.

Ah I see, thanks for that.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 30

Go to solution

Saw an offer yesterday on the BT Website for EE TV - The 'Sport Package' for £2 per month for 3 months & then £20 per month thereafter ...

Clicked on PURCHASE & the total was £69.99 - for BroadBand 24 month Contract - no mention of the TV Package I'd started off trying to switch to & purchase!

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 30

Go to solution

All this focus on extra download speeds (by ISP's) gets on my nerves and yer I know its Openreach...but please lets get 200Mbps upload at least for a 900 down package, pretty much all the altnets offer same up and down speeds for similar pricing. When I see EE's 1.6Gb product having pretty much the same upload bandwidth as the 900 product it does my head in, it should be at least double.

I dont even really need 900 down at home but the 100 upload is why I went for that package.

No I cant move to an altnet because BT's TV and Sport deal is too good, well at least the 24 month contract I got!

Feel like this is a pointless off topic post, I apologise, ill go back to be constructive now and helping the good folks where I can.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 30

Go to solution

Thank you.  

I renewed my contract two weeks ago following a prompt from BT but there was no mention of it.  They did send out an appointment for an engineer to attend last Friday automatically to test my equipment but it was a no show.  I contacted them and sales could see the engineer appointment but their engineer said they had no knowledge.

I have tested my BT log in password on an EE wifi hotspot which was successful so worst case scenario is that I can use that if required.

Do you know if they will be retaining the emails @btinternet.com.  Also will this community forum be accessible for EE clients as it is a godsend?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 30

Go to solution
Email isn't offered as a service with EE, so you'll lose @btinternet.com (I'm not sure if there's still an option to pay for it separately?).
You'll still be able to use either this forum or the one at https://community.ee.co.uk/

What was the engineer visit specifically for? You've not mentioned here that you're having issues.
0 Ratings