cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

IPC6023 and can't view TV channels

I have been struggling with an intermittent  IPC6023 issue watching TV channels for around 3 months since receiving the BT Pro box. I have reported the issue to BT 5 or 6 times. The issue with TV channels occurs whether ethernet, WIFI or powerline connected to the BT Smart Hub 2. The TV can view TV apps without a problem. The BT Pro box has been replaced. The Hub (initially a HomeHub 6) has been replaced twice. The HDMI cable from the TV to the BT pro has been replaced. The cable from the house to the 'pole' has been replaced (because it recently snapped). Everything has been restarted many many times. Sometimes it works for about 20 mins until the error returns.
We've had 5 engineer visits and most end with "It's either an issue with the BT Pro box or software or, more likely, it's an issue at the exchange". The software and app software are both up to date. It *might* be another faulty box but I suspect it's an issue with multicast signal going to the exchange. However, BT guarantee me it's not an exchange issue.
My other solution is to put the TV aerial back up and use that.
Any other suggestions?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: IPC6023 and can't view TV channels

Hi @TonyG1 sorry to hear that and also for the apparent issues in identifying the fault.

I've taken a quick look at your line and it's clearly suffering, with a frequent loss of PPP  possibly indicating some HR or other line interference that DLM is trying to manage but clearly needing help with, none of which is going to promote a decent multicast connection essential for getting live TV channels to you.  You may also be experiencing some issue with PSTN quality if there's a copper based issue.

I'll speak with one of the Consumer team managers tomorrow to look at getting a full SFI check done and drop you a direct message once we have that in place.

Regards

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks David.
After a factory reset and more restarts the TV channels are now back *but* I've been here 3-4 times before.
Our phone line has never been particularly good so I'm sure you're on the right track.
TBH : I thought about posting here a while back. The online agents handle the calls well but, sometimes, you just know you're going over the same wrong area again and again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Ok thanks for letting me know. Streaming services will be less impacted than live multicast but that's only a partial help, as Freeview channels via multicast rather than the aerial are equally impacted by packet loss which is the trigger for the IPC6023 message.

Factory resets are often just a palliative benefit (as are hub restarts) in that they appear to work but just as often just coincide with a clear down of the demand, only for the error to recur once the packets start flowing again - an HD stream will happily consume ~10Mb/s once established so needs a relatively error free line to perform at it's best.

If you want to f/r with an aerial connection to resume getting Freeview that way whilst we get under BB issues, that's entirely fine and understandable in the circumstances. 

all the best

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

TV

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

TV channels still working but it' d be good to check if it's something that will continue. If somebody can still check the line quality it'd be good.

0 Ratings