cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

ITV Sport ITV X livestreams

With ITV Sport increasingly showing live sport on ITV X rather than its linear EPG channels limitations of the current ITV X app on EE TV/YouView boxes means those live sports events cannot be viewed on those devices.

Will this discrepancy be addressed as really we shouldn’t need to find another device to watch ITV live sports events.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: ITV Sport ITV X livestreams

What live sport is being treated this way?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@zulu17 Like many of the issues with the itvx app, I suspect this will be that ITV have not done the app development for Youview boxes. I'd be tempted to ask ITV directly on this one, as BT/EE don't have control of this.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Unfortunately  @SoupDragon57  I have found ITV to be unresponsive.

Message 6 of 9

@zulu17 From my previous experience, I'd agree with you.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

ITV now stream  the Italian Serie A Saturday late game on ITV X rather than on their linear channels,

Although those with Sport subscription can see alternative live  coverage of that game on TNT sport channel or discovery + it does mean that those non sport subscribers using EE TV (Youview)  cannot view the live match on ITVX on their box. A replay of the game is  later available on demand on the ITV X player on all devices.

So we have a continuing trend of more content moving away from PSB linear channels to streaming  only. So the requirement to have the ITV X app on EE TV boxes brought up to the same standard of streaming  (live content/FAST channels and HD a quality) as other devices is one that really ought to be addressed.

Message 8 of 9

@zulu17 ITV are responsible for the functionality they deliver via their app to reach platform. I'd suggest complaining to them directly on this.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

@zulu17  Not to mention a 50fps frame rate which is absolutely key for sport (live or not) The old BT Sport app had this licked years ago and Now has reached the same standard. Discovery+ has this on point too.

ITVX content (at least on the YouView box and Roku which I've tested) is very much the poorer relation.