cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Looking at BT TV Pro

Go to solution

Hey,

Looking to get BT TV Pro, but have a few questions, Recently moved from the disasterous Sky Stream.

1) I have a netflix premium subscription, when moving this to BT will it keep premium (but BT will charge me instead of nextlix). (The website just say's netflix basic).

2) I will be running in IP mode as I do not have a working aerial, I have read on here that there are issues with recording padding ?  Is this the case and how bad is it ?

3) How well do the apps perform, I use netflix / amazon are the 4k ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Looking at BT TV Pro

Go to solution

Hi @ravedadave 

1. Depends on the package you buy, for example VIP comes with Netflix Standard (£10.99), which is HD and 2 screens at once, but you can add the upgrade to Ultra HD (+ £5?) and have the difference added to your bill if you wish or the whole amount if no version is included (say, if you only chose Big Sport)
  2. I have only had the pro box a few days (this time round... 😳) and have been soak testing recordings for 48 hours in both IP and aerial mode. No problems for me so far, YMMV
  3. Netflix and Prime Video have been fine for me in 4K so far, BBC iPlayer keeps stopping to have a think when playing back UHD content, catch up apps like itvX are useless unless you like lots of ads and a blurry picture. Unlike Stream (and pretty much any other device out there bar a few), a premium subscription to itvX or Channel 4 will remove the ads but not improve the picture quality to HD, so you may need to manage your recordings (limited to 2), very wisely in IP mode, depending on your preferences
————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@stereohavenwrote:

Hi @ravedadave 

1. Depends on the package you buy, for example VIP comes with Netflix Standard (£10.99), which is HD and 2 screens at once, but you can add the upgrade to Ultra HD (+ £5?) and have the difference added to your bill if you wish or the whole amount if no version is included (say, if you only chose Big Sport)
  2. I have only had the pro box a few days (this time round... 😳) and have been soak testing recordings for 48 hours in both IP and aerial mode. No problems for me so far, YMMV
  3. Netflix and Prime Video have been fine for me in 4K so far, BBC iPlayer keeps stopping to have a think when playing back UHD content, catch up apps like itvX are useless unless you like lots of ads and a blurry picture. Unlike Stream (and pretty much any other device out there bar a few), a premium subscription to itvX or Channel 4 will remove the ads but not improve the picture quality to HD, so you may need to manage your recordings (limited to 2), very wisely in IP mode, depending on your preferences

OK Great, I was just looking for Entertainment + Fibre Plus

I already have now with Boost, and Netflix premium, I assume these can all move over as is and I will get charged the extra £9 for netflix ?

Bit dissapointing about BBCI Player and ITVX as I use these alot, I do have ad free ITVX at the minute, but the PQ on my LG WebOS is very good, are you saying the PQ is bad on the BT box ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

So Entertainment comes with Netflix basic, so it is base cost + HD (Boost but also unlocks AMC HD) + Netflix UHD upgrade + broadband.

App picture quality of itvX, Channel 4 (used to be All4) and My5 is standard definition, even if you pay for a premium for the first 2, which on most devices (including my 7 year old LG TV), is HD.

I haven’t tested the others. The itvX app doesn’t include any of the fast channels either, although you may not be a fan of The Chase 24 hours a day! 🤣

I would use the TV apps personally, but take a look yourself first, picture quality is subjective and there are some advantages of using the BT TV Box Pro Watchlist to manage catch up viewing if you are happy with the quality and can live with the ads (or pay to remove them). 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you, very much appreciated 🙂
0 Ratings