cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

More detailed information on the new EE TV possible configurations and associated functionality

Go to solution

Is there anywhere that provides more detail on the various configurations and functionality of the various options of the new EE TV. So for example:

1. If you chose the EE Pro Box and a EE mini(s) I assume that you can  record on the main box but not watch recordings on the minis 

2. Can you create playlists on the Pro and mini boxes for live TV programmes

3. If you chose an Apple TV 4K box and a mini(s) I assume there is no recording capability just playlists? Does this extend to the minis as well?

4. Will there be the option to have a Pro box and Apple TV 4K  in the same solution? Minis as well? What recording, playlist, tv guide and  app functionality would be experienced across each device?

Anyway my assumptions above may be totally wrong but you get my drift. More information on the functionality available depending on the configuration you choose would be very helpful in making a more informed decision.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: More detailed information on the new EE TV possible configurations and associated functionality

Go to solution
#1 Correct that you can only record on the TV Box Pro. Recordings can only be watched on that box.
#2 Not sure what you mean by playlists?
#3 Correct that you cannot record on Apple TV or TV Box Mini.
#4 Your main box can be one of: Apple TV, TV Box Pro, TV Box Mini. Any additional boxes will always be a TV Box Mini. There's no option to have a TV Box Pro and Apple TV on the same subscription.
Message 3 of 4

Re: More detailed information on the new EE TV possible configurations and associated functionality

Go to solution

Hi Darren thanks for the quick reply. 

On a standalone Apple TV 4K device you can add both live and subscription programmes to a playlist i.e. you tag the programme / film to a viewing list to watch later or continue watching. So even though you can't record you can go into your playlist and watch them in your own time.

I just wondered if this functionality would be available - probably not in a mixed Apple 4K TV  / EE mini box topology. I assume the playlist (which is aligned to your Apple account) might be available on the Apple 4K TV device but probably not available on the EE mini boxes. Although I suppose it depends on how the account is setup on the Apple 4K device in an EE environment.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
OK, I've spoken to someone from the Apple TV dev team (who knows more about Apple TV - I don't use Apple devices).
Playlists aren't integrated with the EE TV service, so you'll be able to use that feature, but not for EE TV content.
The Apple TV+ app on the TV Box Pro and TV Box Mini doesn't offer this feature - it only provides access to Apple TV+ content (not other profile based Apple TV features).