cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

My,Recordings.Expires today.?

Go to solution

Good afternoon.

Any guidance please as to how I "save/keep" a downloaded/recording (s)I have that are showing to Expire to day.Thank you.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: My,Recordings.Expires today.?

Go to solution

Hi @lesjanfin 

Recordings made and stored on your TV box  normally do not expire.  (There are circumstances where recordings made from channels that you no longer subscribe to may not be playable). Box office event recordings if permitted may also expire.

Downloads of content made on suitable devices from the EE TV (previous known as BT TV ) apps will normally expire after a certain time frame (eg 48hours or 30 days etc).

So question is where are you seeing EXPIRES Today or similar appearing. Is it perhaps on the TV box home page in the RECORDINGS & WATCHLIST carousel ? If so sometimes the asset tile shows information gleaned from the relevent catchup player. ie what you have recorded is also available on catchup but the catch up availability expires today ? Is that the case here perhaps. Please feel to give more details if not .

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@lesjanfin There are no downloads on BT TV and I don’t think recordings expire, so are you referring to something in your watch list?

If that is the case, it usually means the app is losing the rights to the content, so you will need to wait to see where it can be accessed next.

If it is a recording, that is fairly new behaviour for BT but is likely due to the same rights restrictions.

Edited to add: @zulu17 posted at the same time, so what they said.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you .Yes its in the My Watch list.its a recording.I have downloaded from Ch4 Catch up list.

I did not appreciate that it was from a "limited" timed catch up recording..

I am new to EeBt Pfo box set up..still finding my way around it..

I have viewed it..was of the opnion I could "keep" it..

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @lesjanfin 
I suspect it is just a confusing asset tile  image which is showing that the programme that you recorded which is also available to watch on the ALL4 catchup player (but only until today).  
Suggest you have a look tomorrow and if my suspicions are correct the recording will still be there  and the expiring today tag will be gone,

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @lesjanfin  

Just checking whether those recordings that were apparently due to expire are in fact still there ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Hi.
Yes the recordings have now disappeared.
Thank you.to all ,for replies and advice.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Just to clarify the Tile is still in Recordings &Watch list with EXPIRED (in caps).When I open the tile the only Option is (x) Remove from my Tv.
0 Ratings