cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Remote control problems with BT TV Box Pro

Hi all

I’m experiencing issues with remote control  functions on the BT TV Box Pro. I first noticed the issue a few days ago when the magic remote for my LG Oled TV, which previously controlled the bt box flawlessly for several months, began to operate erratically.

In particular, some button presses don’t register at all, while others send the same command repeatedly (as though the button was being held down).  The mini light on the BT box, which indicates a remote command has been received, will often stay lit up as though remote  commands are continually being received.

I believe the issue is with the box itself (as opposed to a fault with a remote control) as I have another (one for all) universal remote which previously controlled the bt tv box pro without issue (it’s programmed to control the dtr4100 which I understand shares the same infrared remote commands as the bt tv box pro). However, I experience the same erratic behaviour with this remote.

Furthermore, if I unpair the BT Bluetooth remote (holding home and 9 buttons), and operate in an ‘unpaired’ state - which presumably relies solely on ir commands - I experience the same problems.

In terms of troubleshooting, I’ve tried the following steps:

• I’ve rebooted the box several times (holding bt button for c 8 seconds on the box itself)
  • Reset and re-paired the Bluetooth remote several times (home and 7 buttons, home and 9 buttons). Incidentally the Bt Bluetooth remote experience similar glitches (eg repeated transmission of same command) after being paired but this will eventually sort itself out.
  • Factory reset

All the above steps have unfortunately failed to rectify the problem.

I’d welcome any assistance in rectifying the problem.

Thank you.

0 Ratings