cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Netflix add on

Go to solution

I am in Entertainment package that has NowTV pass. 

I also subscribe to Netflix separately, I’m on the Standard HD plan. Am I correct in saying included in the BT Entertainment pack I’m on you get Netflix basic included? If so how much is it to upgrade to HD via BT, as in how much extra a month, as I currently pay £9.99/month direct with Netflix. 

Also if I do go via BT route, can you use Netflix as normal on other devices, not BT. Kids use via their smartTV and Apple TV apps rather than BT. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Netflix add on

Go to solution

Hi @QoQ 

"Am I correct in saying included in the BT Entertainment pack I’m on you get Netflix basic included?"

-Yes, Netflix basic.

"how much is it to upgrade to HD via BT, as in how much extra a month, as I currently pay £9.99/month direct with Netflix."
- Upgrade to Netflix Standard costs an extra £4.

"Also if I do go via BT route, can you use Netflix as normal on other devices, not BT. "

- You can use the Netflix app on other devices.

In summary the costs and functionality are the same. The only change is that you are billed for Netflix through BT instead of being billed by Netflix. Lots more detail here: https://www.bt.com/help/tv/learn-about-tv/channels-and-packages/netflix-from-bt

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for that, couldn’t find the info. So it seems to be a no brainier for me then, as saving £6/month if go via BT.

Is there an easy way to do this, couldn’t find the option on BT account login.

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Check your order confirmation email. There should be a link to activate Netflix.

You can also activate it by going to the ‘TV and Sport’ section of My BT.

After you click the activate link you’ll be asked to enter an email address and password. Use your existing Netflix details so that your Netflix billing is transferred to BT. Your existing Netflix profiles will be kept.

You’ll also get the option to upgrade your Netflix plan.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I’m not sure I asked about Netflix, and email doesn’t say anything.

I can’t remember but may have said just leave Netflix for now, not sure.

Does this mean I’ve lost the option to add Netflix? I’ve looked in my BT app and can’t see anywhere to add it. 

I’ve signed into Netflix app on BT box and hasn’t asked me or anything to go to BT either

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Netflix is included in the BT Entertainment package so you don't have to ask for it.

If you can't find an email  from BT with the Activate Netflix link, then go to: My BT / Your products / TV and Sport (Manage)

Netflix should be under Your monthly add-ons. There should be the option to Activate.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
In that section it says

“ Sorry, we can’t show your details at the moment. Please come back later.

Your products will appear here when your order is complete.”

Tracking the order, the only thing not green ticked is return of old box, and BT WiFi app which I’ve logged in though.

So not sure what to do, as seems limiting that I can’t do anything until old box returned?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Either wait for your order to complete or contact BT.

0 Ratings