cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Netflix app

All other apps work, but Netflix keeps saying error code NW-3-6. 
Occasionally we’re lucky and it loads. But it’s a constant game of turning hub off and on at the plug to see if it loads. 
Plus sometimes all apps don’t load and we have to turn it off and on again at the wall. 
we have excellent WIFi - all apps work on phones etc. 

it’s so irritating as we don’t have a Smart tv in the living room as we have the BT hub. I just want Netflix in this room with my free BT Netflix account!!! 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Netflix app

Hi, @Mcd151 welcome to the community, and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues with Netflix on your BT TV box. The error indicates there is an issue with the broadband connection to your BT TV box. Are you also seeing problems with the internet-provided subscription channels when this is occurring?

What model of BT TV box do you have, if it's a pro box is it connected by wifi?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

It’s the newest model as we’re new customers. 
All other apps work and there’s very strong WIFi signal in the house and it’s fastest broadband. 

occasionally when you switch on, no apps load, but then I switch on and off at the wall and  they all load. Netflix always says that error code - very occasionally Netflix will load. It’s signed into my new BT free Netflix account. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Connected by WiFi. It’s not the WiFi signal that’s the issue as great WiFi signal in the house and in that room. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Mcd151 thanks for posting and sorry to hear about the issue. 

A nw-3-6 error usually indicates a problem connecting to the Netflix service, which could be caused by a couple of things - a problem getting there, or a problem getting the authentication. 

Were you already a Netflix customer using another device before using the app on the TV box? 

if you have another device like a tablet or laptop with Wi-Fi connectivity to the hub, does the app load and let you play content OK? That should confirm there's no issue getting to Netflix on the broadband route.

Let me know how you get on and I'll get some more checks done if the box is still not playing nicely.

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I’ve got a different Netflix account that plays on all other devices and tvs in the house.

It’s just my BT Netflix new account that won’t play via the BT tv box. Jot has worked a couple of times so it is set up correctly. Plus, as I mentioned before the other apps like Prime and iPlayer don’t load every time I turn it on, but they usually do after a turn on/turn off of the BT tv box at the wall plug. Netflix is far more difficult and rarely, rarely works on the tv box. 

The tv isn’t a smart tv in the living room so that’s why that’s the tv we connected to the BT Box, so we could watch tv channels and apps on that tv using the BT tv box. 

I can connect to the BT Netflix account using an old XBox connected to the tv, but I don’t have a proper remote and it’s annoying as we should have Netflix working as an app on tv box. 
Thanks 

Message 7 of 7

We'll be taking a look at this for you today and hope to get back with some good news later. Thanks for the heads up.

0 Ratings