cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Netflix poor picture quality through BT box

I've recently joined BT and now get Netflix included in my package. My previous stand alone Netflix worked perfectly but now it is part of the package the picture is very poor. Any suggestions? I've tried an attenuator. Didn't work. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Netflix poor picture quality through BT box

The free Netflix from BT is in SD with a limit of 1 stream at any time, did you previously have the HD tier ? how much did you pay will give a better indication if you're unsure.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Oh I see. That may be the problem although I'm sure it's the same package but I will check that. Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

With BT the default is free Basic, although you can upgrade to Standard for an extra £4 per month, the tiers directly from Netflix are :

Richie_0-1662918347909.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

So when I watch netflix through my smart TV the picture is perfect and when I watch it upstairs through roku it's perfect. It is only when I watch it on the app through the bt box that the picture is distorted. Any other tips or helpful info much appreciated 🙏 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

It could be down to a poor connection, how did you currently connect the Youview box to the hub ?

Do you have the option to try a wired connection direct from the hub to the Youvie box and test that ? Netflix will reduce picture quality to avoid buffering.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the tip. I will give that a try when I get a minute. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Are you sure you are signed in to your Netflix account and not the bt supplied account? My box auto signed me into the bt account and I had to manually log out and then in using my old account.

Double check it to be sure. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I will have a look and give that a try. Thanks.

0 Ratings