cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

New BT Pro box - no Channel 82, Talking Pictures

Go to solution

Yesterday we had a new BT Pro box installed and now we can’t find Channel 82, Talking Pictures.  It’s not in hidden channels.  Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: New BT Pro box - no Channel 82, Talking Pictures

Go to solution

I cant say I know all the differences between what channels are there on via aerial vs IP Mode but I am on IP Mode only and do not have this channel on my EETV Pro Box, in fact there is nothing from like 60 something until channel 200 or so.

Also searching for the channel name doesnt come up at all.

So I am speculating slightly but if you are set up via IP mode and not aerial perhaps this channel isnt there on IP mode, how was your previous box setup before?

IP and aerial mode are settings you find when you first set the box up, if you are setup via IP mode then only channels BT/EE have enabled on the service will be there, perhaps they missed off this 82, as 82 is listed as Talking Picture for YouView.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@SewS 

These are the IP Mode channels (the BT range is exactly the same, but the BT list is, or was, out of date):-

https://ee.co.uk/help/tv-sport/manage-use/channel-guide

Channel 82 is not included.

I’m guessing you set your box up without plugging an aerial into it, so it is in IP Mode; all channels provided over the internet, but only a subset of the Freeview ones, as above.

If you have a half-decent TV aerial system (which I am guessing you have, if you are used to getting Talking Pictures, unless you have just switched over from having it on Sky), then plug the aerial into the Pro box, and then in Settings, Factory Reset it.

This will cause it to retune, (unavoidably losing your settings from before, and anything you recorded yesterday, so maybe watch that first) in Aerial Mode, and this should now give you Talking Pictures; certainly, if you had it over a TV aerial before.

IP Mode is great for people who don’t have a TV Aerial, or get very poor reception, but has a number of limitations (not all TV channels available, can’t skip adverts on recordings from itv, the BBC takes you to the iPlayer instead if you make a recording of a BBC channel and want to play it back). On the plus side, it does show channels 1-5 in HD, which a lot of people like.

But if you can use Aerial Mode, I think it better to do so. Certainly if you want Talking Pictures to record, or to pause or rewind while watching.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@Midnight_Voice , yeah the ITV thing is so annoying.....you know even if you pay for ITV Premium or whatever it is on ITVX, which allows you to skip ads on the app....this doesnt translate to the TV channel in IP mode.....even though the box actually asks you to log into ITVX after a factory reset.

My suspicions were correct but now I actually know, things for confirming.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Brilliant - thank you.  We’re now Aerial connected and have the same channels as before .

thank you, MidnightVoice

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you!