cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

New BT TV, Full Fibre and new TV, could it affect Freeview access on spare TV?

Go to solution

Ok, so on Friday, I switched over to Full Fibre and BT TV (wi-fi connected to hub with aerial also inserted into the new TV).  I expected to be able to use the spare TV in the bedroom to solely watch Freeview channels via aerial but when I try to access them, it says no signal / can’t auto tune update the channels.  Could my new service from BT be preventing access thus meaning I either need a mini box (£10 per month) or would a separate Freeview box work?  Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: New BT TV, Full Fibre and new TV, could it affect Freeview access on spare TV?

Go to solution

No. It would seem as though you've unplugged something or not connected something correctly. The Pro Box will not block you using a properly connected aerial on another TV. 

Message 3 of 3

Re: New BT TV, Full Fibre and new TV, could it affect Freeview access on spare TV?

Go to solution

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  Walked through all the connections and scenarios and think I’ve narrowed the problem down to a faulty aerial wall socket in the bedroom (as the one in the living room connected to the BT Box Pro works fine (as I can access Dave TV) and when I run an extra long cable to the bedroom TV from the living room socket, the channels load as expected. Also ruled out the bedroom cable (from TV to bedroom socket). Thanks again.