cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

New BT TV Pro box freezing / losing channels

We recently got a new Pro box and all seems good, and an improvement over the older model we had.

However, randomly the box is freezing and won't respond to any inputs from the remote, although the LED on the front of the box does light up to confirm the remote keypress has been received (so guessing it's not the remote).

You can't change a channel, go to the menus or basically operate the box at all - the only resolution is to reboot this. This has happened about 5 times in the last month.

Additionally, we've also seen a problem where the EPG is empty - no channels listed, no way to view TV at all. Again, a reboot is our only way to recover this.

The signal strength is 99%, quality 100% and has good Wifi access.  I have checked for software updates, but it says there aren't any. The other two BT boxes in the house are fine and don't show this issue. 

Has anyone else had this? 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: New BT TV Pro box freezing / losing channels

Yes we had exactly this as well, also ghost/false failed recordings.

Final straw was when after a reboot all recordings on the box were marked as failed.

Got on the phone to BT, they sent an engineer out and he swopped the box for a new one. We have only had it for a week but it seems okay so far.

If you look at other threads more people have had similar problems with their pro boxes.

Hope you get yours sorted, a replacement box may be the answer.

Message 3 of 11

Oh yes, I'm seeing lots of failed recordings, also.

I'll have a series set for 20:00 - 21:00 and this recording often fails, but a 20:04 - 21:04 has appeared automatically, and then a random 04:00 - 05:00 of the same programme has also been added. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

I’ve just had my box replaced for the very same reasons you’re experiencing. Engineer came out, checked everything told me it was a box fault and BT sent a new one. Box seems to be working ok now, apart from the fact that this new box, connected to the same aerial isn’t giving me all the freeview channels I had before. BT are calling me tomorrow again. 

Message 5 of 11

That's interesting, must be early batch faults.

I'll get onto them and see if they'll come out. Had to restart it a number of times in the same day which is just frustrating.

Thanks to all for your help/advice. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hope you get sorted, lots of other people have had the same issues. 

Message 7 of 11

Did you get sorted? I got a new box and 2 weeks later it’s doing the same thing again 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

I've given up, no one at BT seemed to acknowledge it was a fault/issue so I've returned it and now have a Freeview box instead. The list of faults just kept growing!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

I have the BT Pro box and I'd had it for a couple of months and all seemed fine. Then when watching back my recordings they would constantly freeze and stop whilst trying to watch them. After many reboots and lots of checks and engineer visits, they suggested a hard reset. This of course didn't work so I had a new box. I've had my second box now for a week and all seemed fine....now it won't play some of my recorded programmes. It shows the whole programme has recorded and you don't get any error messages, but it just won't play them. I contacted BT yet again and whilst on the phone to them the box froze, the only way to sort it is to reboot. This happened twice whilst on the phone to BT so they are sending another engineer.

So I just sat down to watch some recorded programmes and when I changed channels the box froze and the only way to resolve this is to reboot.

This is becoming ridiculous. Its just one problem after another.

Has anyone got any resolutions ?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

I've had nothing but issues with mine.

Fibre 900 connection but the internet Freeview option is just blocky buffering channels, the guide and apps frequently disappear and when they do work it's content internet problems.

The fireatick sitting about a foot away from it has literally zero issues streaming 4k content, this you view box does on its **bleep** trying to stream 480p terrestrial content.

Awful

0 Ratings