cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 11

Re: New BT TV Pro box freezing / losing channels

I guess it's reassuring to come onto this forum and realise at least that you're not the only one having problems.

My BT TV Pro box had been working fine over wifi for some months, then suddenly a couple of nights back I got a freeze. After the normal off/unplug/restart it was obviously more serious and I wasted a few hours yesterday trying variations on that procedure before looking to see if anyone else had had similar problems....

The really weird thing was the way my remote went on the blink simultaneously, which totally baffled me at the time. I eventually found the procedure for re-pairing it, which helped things a lot, but I could not get the box to talk to the wifi at all. I understand that it's supposed to be no more than five metres from my hub (it's about seven), but it had been perfectly happyfor months until it suddenly wasn't, so where's the logic there?

I dug out some old homeplugs to get things working again, but I'm not best pleased at how frail this supposedly top-of-the-range bit of kit has proved to be. And there's the matter of a Saturday morning I won't be getting back!

0 Ratings