cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

New BTTV Pro remote won't control TV

I've just ditched SKY and gone for BTTV only to find the newest, latest box is not that great.

I hate having two remote controls. I shouldn't need two. In the older model you could program the remote with your TV code but the one you can't!

It's pretty useless. The TV is an ElectriQ which previously worked using the Akai code but now I cant change the code.

Also every app is on the box except Disney. It just seems a shame.

I have to again get my other remote and go to TV and open the app on the TV.

Really not great.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: New BTTV Pro remote won't control TV

Hi @flummoxed_support 

I use my BT Pro box remote to control my TV. If you post the make and model someone may be able to help. 

You are correct that Disney is missing from the box. In fairness to BT they publish the available apps on their website. BT customers are getting shipped over to EE at some point and there a 'big things' to come for the TV service as part of this. The only thing is we don't know what or when! 

MikeAlanR

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@flummoxed_support 

You need to have the TV on and connected to the Pro box via HDMI, so that when you pair the remote, it checks the TV and programs itself to operate it.

If you have already paired the remote, but only with the Pro box, you can re-pair it as here, when you are set up as above, to include checking the TV:-

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/remote/which-remote-do-you-have/resetting-your-remote-contr...

Though maybe you did this, and the Pro box just doesn’t recognise that make?

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I've reset it 5 times to no avail sadly 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@flummoxed_support 

Apparently, the Pro box will respond to a remote from one of the earlier boxes, so if you still have the remote that you can put ‘Akai’ into, you could use this with the Pro box to achieve what you want.

I expect you would have to use line of sight, and maybe there are Pro features it won’t be able to access, and I would expect that you might have to pair it with the Pro box (though maybe not?), but I daresay somebody else might be able to be definitive on these parts of the process.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings