cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

New EE Box

Whoever designed the new handset wants it rammed up where the sun doesn’t shine. Amalgamating the Delete & Record button is the stupidest action, also, whoever, agreed it wants two handsets up there. They are two of the most important buttons but they have an opposite action, next money saving move, Off & Mute. IDIOTS

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: New EE Box

Given it's the same hardware that has been around for a couple of years, just in a new dress, I can't recall anyone raising that as an issue before. It's not like pressing it on a recorded program instantly deletes it, you are presented with options if you've pressed it accidentally.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

There have been several discussions  on the forum about the buttons on the remote as clearly fewer buutons will mean some doubling up and some  extra button presses. 

The solution of if you don't like the supplied  bluetooth/iR remote you can buy an older IR remote from the EE shop (the older Humax/BT Youview remotes will control the box )  if you wish more buttons on your remote  has been put forward. You may already have one of these remotes if you had an olderversion box.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@rbz5416 @gilgra 

You only get options on Delete if you have set Always Confirm in Settings. On boxes before the Pro at least, and maybe even on that one, though it sounds as if it has this setting, it should be On by default, and not the usual Off.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@Midnight_Voice 

That setting is "off" for me & I'm still prompted to confirm any time I delete a recording. I'm guessing that setting applies to deleting an episode of a recorded series using the sub-menu?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@rbz5416 

The rules seem to be that with the Recordings/Confirm Delete setting Off, attempting to delete a programme  alongside the MYTV thumbnail will produce an Are You Sure?, and attempting to delete a Series in MYTV will prompt a confirmation that you want to delete the whole Series.

But deleting a single programme, or a single episode of a Series, in MYTV, will happen without requiring confirmation.

So of these four scenarios, two will require confirmation even with the Recordings/Confirm Delete setting Off, and two will not require confirmation.

It is these latter two that Confirm Delete On is applicable to, close to what you surmised.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for your replies but who could put two opposite buttons together!!! Also, two means of Delete, depending what area you're on? I've deleted several programmes but just moving on to what I thought was the right button, it was in the old days. It's a TV not a computer and you should be able to relax with it. The most sensible suggestion seems to get an old handset but it wrangles to buy one, as I've had 3 sets screw up in the last 2 years, loosing all our recordings. We don't like BTEE but they seem the best of a terrible bunch.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Following on from advice here and because our new tv would not be recognised by the bt remote, isecured a  new version 05 remote ( BT in a circle) from fleabay for under £10. Enjoying it and not missing 2 remotes hanging around