cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

New EE account activates jan 24

Go to solution

Hi switching from sky after 15 years , my EE account activates with the new broadband and tv on jan 24 , in the welcome email it invites me to activate Apple trial and discovery plus as I’ve signed to the tnt sport package . 

Apple trial activated straight away but discovery plus just loops back to the activate button when I press it and doesn’t allow me to activate ? Do I need to wait till the broadband and tv box come before I can activate the discovery plus premium option as I was led to believe apps would work immediately ? 

also we had Bt full fibre and had no issues with sky stream boxes upstairs on Bt 145 speed router, can I expect the mini boxes on EE   To work as well as bit worried by the 5m recommendation ? The upstairs are maybe 10m max from router , hopefully will work fine  on new EE hub as still full fibre 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: New EE account activates jan 24

Go to solution
From this side, it looks like you didn't complete the activation process. When it took you to the discovery+ site, it looks like you filled in the form - it will have shown you a message saying the account already exists. Instead of filling in the form, use the "Sign in" link in the top right corner to pair your new subscription with your existing login. It should then be usable straight away.

The 5m recommendation for the TV Box Mini isn't related to broadband speed - it's the wifi signal strength. How far away it'll work depends entirely on the structure and layout of your home. If it doesn't work, then there are options available - e.g. Smart WiFi Plus to boost your wifi signal.
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

When i clicked the activate disvovery link it just said loading and after a few seconds went back to the same page on my EE app - each time i click it it just loops back -the apple trial worked straight away . 
the discovery site didnt load up or open at all .

im hoping the mini boxes will work ok with new EE router as the sky stream boxes in bedrooms worked perfectly with the bt hub so signal should be ok 🤞🏻

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I’ve spent hours over the last 3 day talking to EE and discovery plus but still nobody can help me link my account to EE , please can you help me ? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Unfortunately I don't know what the process is for activation with an EE ID, so I'll need to speak to my colleagues on Monday morning. If you send me an email at tv.apps@bt.com, I'll get back to you as soon as I know what needs to be done.
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you so much , will do 👍

just spoke to EE again and they now say they think I can’t activate discovery+ until my EE TV  goes live on jan 24 ? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Thats not true i activated it the day i signed up along with now.   Its apple im havi g trouble with keeps saying i have to phone up.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Yes the sign up email indicated immediate access to the apps and said id be billed from sign up day for them -i have disvovery plus app registered but cannot link it to EE and neither discovery or EE have been able to help 🤦🏻‍♂️

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

I never bother calling up as they never know what you are talking about. I feel i know more about there job then they do 🤣 i just put a complaint in on myee and it seems to get you to the people that do know.. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Woohoo - all sorted , for some reason the link on the email wouldn’t open on my iPad , so I just tried it on my sky sim phone and it opened and activated straight away to discovery+ on EE .

Not sure why it wouldn’t activate via iPad but it’s done and working  now - thank you for your replies 👍