cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 27

New Sky sports + channel through BT TV

I have the sky sports channel through BT tv .

Although the new sky sports + channel is on there it will not function properly and you are unable to watch multiple games.

This is the same as when sky have games behind the red button, BT Tv will not allow you to use this function.

It will also not work on Now Tv.

Why is it that whilst paying for the full sky sports package BT does not fully mirror the sky output?.

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27

Re: New Sky sports + channel through BT TV

@stuart10 Because they are BT not Sky, a reseller that provides access to the content but not the full experience.

You will find several posts around the forum asking for some sort of red button action to be added to take you to the Sky Sports+ streams in the NOW app. 

Ultimately, you pays your money and took your choice, the only way to get the fully joined up Sky experience is to have Sky. Otherwise, you have to wait for BT/EE to see if they want to make your life easier on the platform they own. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 27

I reported the red button problem months ago and they just don't want to know.

As you say the only way is to go over to sky which is what I think I will do.

Message 4 of 27

Just note @stuart10 that whichever platform you choose, the extra streams cannot be recorded, only what is shown on the linear channel Sky Sports+.

The red button works really well to get you where you need to go though, plus they have tiles for all the games on the home screen on Q, Glass and Stream. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 27

I thought the extra content (EPL games for example) that would be on the red button are all available in the NOW app on the Youview box to watch, juts have to load the app and go to the right section.    You get the extra F1 cameras as well.  

NO red button, but still quite simple 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 27

Thanks very much.

I did try Now TV but didn’t realise you have to scroll down right to the bottom.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 27

Or go to the Sport tab at the top
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 27

I do, to get the sports up, but still have then to tab down to the bottom of the page.

The games at the top are just the ones you can get on other sky channels not the numerous ones you can stream.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 27

Still can't see how to watch the alternative streams - an explanation would be appreciated. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 27

@MHL1  the Sky Sports + extra (bonus)  streams are available  via the NOW app .

0 Ratings