cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

ETA on 4K HDR for Sky Sports (Now TV Ultra boost)

As the title says. Looking for an ETA on 4K HDR for Sky Sports (Now TV Ultra boost) via my BT TV/EE TV subscription.

Footy season has started.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: ETA on 4K HDR for Sky Sports (Now TV Ultra boost)

Message 3 of 10

Thanks but that thread is a mess. 23 pages of off topic arguments about picture quality and bandwidth stats. Not the answer people are looking for.

I will await some real information. 🤞

Message 4 of 10

@samplethief 

Those who know don’t say, and those who say don’t know..

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
Message 5 of 10

No ETA can/will be given. When a date is confirmed, it will be announced.
Message 6 of 10

@samplethief If you look at the table on page 4 of the other thread you will see that very few devices are currently capable of delivering the live UHD channels. NOW stopped supplying devices for their direct customers several years ago. So unless those direct customers have a compatible device, they won’t be able to use UltraBoost either.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

I do have a number compatible devices.

Folks can we please keep this thread strictly to answers of the original question or we will end up with a 23 page mess like the other one is.

Thanks all

Message 8 of 10

@samplethief 

Well you won’t know until it happens, so this will be a nice quiet thread till then 😛

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

You’ve had the answer from Darren, who, in case you didn’t realise it actually works for BT/EE. He’s the top man and you won’t get better than him.

Message 10 of 10

@samplethief said:

Thanks but that thread is a mess. 23 pages of off topic arguments about picture quality and bandwidth stats. Not the answer people are looking for.

I will await some real information.

That wasnt an argument, I found it frustrating how that turned out when actually it was an interesting diversion but I wouldnt blame anyone for not wanting to fish through for the ETA, because there is none. Its just a thread full of enthusiasts getting excited.

If you want some good information, if you really want UHD channels some of us just signed up to NOW again using a separate email adding ultra boost, signing up to the one month deal then immediately cancelling offered some decent retention deal. So you'll have two accounts but you will need a supported device to run the normal NOW TV app on to get the UHD channels which at the moment EETV Pro box is NOT via the app.

naylor2006_1-1724838312906.jpeg

Probably wouldnt do it now though because the international break is about to hit us, one month now isnt worth it, just when the league gets going we have to stop again, this first break is the lamest one ever and it never ceases to annoy the hell out of me.

Otherwise its decent, the picture (in my opinion before a pile on) has been better than Channel 465 so far and whilst there is no Champions League on you are getting far more footy in UHD on sky. TNT Sports Ultimate sometimes not even airing a UHD game if it doesnt feature a Premier League team......veering dangerously off topic again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra