cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 371 of 378

Re: New features

@Lawiltshire  Is this the box you bought on ebay? Is it possible the box could be locked to the previous owner's account? I was always under the impression the Pro boxes belonged to BT and couldn't be sold on? I clearly stand corrected on that belief.

Message 372 of 378

@why_oh_whywrote:

@Lawiltshire  Is this the box you bought on ebay? Is it possible the box could be locked to the previous owner's account? I was always under the impression the Pro boxes belonged to BT and couldn't be sold on? I clearly stand corrected on that belief.

Whoever's sold it on will be hit with a £115 charge for not returning it so it's up to them if it's worth selling it on or not

Message 373 of 378

Hey, yes it is that box. 

My activation day was yesterday but the box direct from BT still hasn’t arrived. 

Maybe that will work but I can’t see why it would be any different as I would have thought everything would be locked down rather than just selecting a region in IP mode ….

but who knows…

0 Ratings
Message 374 of 378

Region selection is only offered when the postcode lookup identifies that more than region could be available at that location.
If you try to launch the BT Player app on the box, does it show any errors?
Message 375 of 378

Hi @DarrenDev no the app opens up fine without any errors 

0 Ratings
Message 376 of 378

OK, in which case I'll need to check the logs. Can you please send me a DM with your BT ID or BT account number.
I'll try to check tonight (if my battery lasts long enough), otherwise I'll pick it up tomorrow morning.
0 Ratings
Message 377 of 378

Are BT TV boxes locked when sold on. If so how does CEX get away with selling them online, refurbished with 24 month warranties.

If it’s a no why does BT not put a stop to it. 

0 Ratings
Message 378 of 378

Thanks 😊 

sent you a message 

0 Ratings