cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 38

Re: New progress bar is inferior

@MandoN  Bit of a long shot. Don’t  know if the Pro Box  is your first from BT. But if not and you happen to have a remote from an older BT box,  you could try the skip buttons on there and see if they behave?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 38

@pddco - darn it.. returned my remote control along with the previous box some time ago.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 38

@MandoN  Well hats off to you for the recycling effort 😁.  But if you happen to come across one of the old remotes, you’ll find they work just as well as the Pro one. And you’ll have the Delete and Stop buttons back too. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 38

Skip buttons working as they always have on (both my) I/R remotes under 0.9.4

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 38

@MandoN Like @GarethPrice  Just to confirm that the skip 60s /15s feature works for me using my Pro (Bluetooth/IR) remote. S/W 0.9.4. I wonder if a soft restart (a long push of the  BT button on the actual box until it flashes) might sort things out? 

Message 16 of 38

Just to clarify…the I/R remotes I am referring to are the old remote, not the Bluetooth one (I gave up with that after one day, unpaired it, took the batteries out and it’s in a drawer somewhere!)

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 38

Apologies @GarethPrice . I assumed you were using the Bluetooth remote. Looks like you really didn’t like then? And to unpair it too. The ultimate put down. 😁

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 38

It’s not just the button  layout and the lack of some commands on the Bluetooth remote @pddco   as others have commented on, but the balance of the remote in the hand. I use the channel numbers (385 Sky News, 357 Sky Atlantic, 1-5 etc) mostly to switch channels, less so the up/down buttons and the short length of the Bluetooth remote makes this awkward to do one handed. The extra length of the previous I/R remotes works much better (for me, others may disagree lol)

Message 19 of 38

Just been having a play with the new play bar/info panel, personally I feel it is better looking than the previous version, particularly the channel logos showing immediately. 

The blue progress icon has a Sky Q vibe to it. The yellow marker for adverts on a recording is (as others have said), similar to itvX behaviour.

I haven't really tested the playback functions beyond that.

New info panel and channel logoNew info panel and channel logoRecordingRecordingRecording playback and advert segmentRecording playback and advert segment

@GarethPricewrote:

It’s not just the button  layout and the lack of some commands on the Bluetooth remote @pddco   as others have commented on, but the balance of the remote in the hand. I use the channel numbers (385 Sky News, 357 Sky Atlantic, 1-5 etc) mostly to switch channels, less so the up/down buttons and the short length of the Bluetooth remote makes this awkward to do one handed. The extra length of the previous I/R remotes works much better (for me, others may disagree lol)

The remote just needs decent voice control and then the size is fine (similar to Sky Q/Stream), otherwise I concur, the previous version was easier to handle in one hand.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 38

In case others are wondering, I think I’m right in saying that the yellow marker for adverts only appears if you’re getting Freeview channels through IP. Not your aerial. 

Certainly agree about the comfort of the old remote. But being an up/down/right/left cursor  user I find the old remote frustrating to use. If only they could combine the two… 

0 Ratings