cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: New tv box (HD add-on?)

@Midnight_Voicewrote:

I wonder how many people know that?

I wonder how many people know that on the Discovery+ app, wherever you get it from and however much you pay, HD is standard and if you have Premium (sports), you get up to 4K UHD HDR included when available?

Or that by going direct a NOW Boost is on average £2 - £3 per month max when you buy it then cancel to get a retention offer?

I don't think most people put enough effort in to understanding what they can get from where and just assume if they move from one provider to another, things are generally the same. Caveat Emptor. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 12 of 14

@stereohaven 

Not just Boost, but all the Now Memberships can be had heavily discounted if bought direct from Now. And the Now apps on any other devices I can think of, except the Now app on YouView boxes, support subtitles.

But BT’s USP is that nowhere else can you record the Now channels but via BT/EE TV on a YouView box; and while Sky/Now do reruns of Sports programmes On Demand, these are patchy, temporary and often very late. So for any Sports mavens who work irregular hours - or even regular ones - BT/EE TV is the only solution for controllable time shifting of Sky/Now Sports, beyond an actual Sky Q subscription.

Which is why I don’t think EE TV on Apple TV boxes is going to fly for such users.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

That's a super niche cohort of users to sell too and as you say, no subtitles, regularly incorrect EPG listings and always someone else's fault, doesn't make it stress free.

With TV Launcher on Apple TV you don't need to sign up for 2 years to the EE TV Guide either as it does the same job and is customisable and now it has full VPN support on TVOS 17, well... 🤐

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

I don't think the ability to record / time shift sport is super niche. It's probably a minimum base requirement for a lot of households.

Also, if a household's minimum base requirement is all the Sky and TNT sports channels in HD there's  not a lot of discount to be had buying direct from Now / BT.