cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

No graphical overlay ?

@DarrenDev Since the software update there have been a couple of times I have turned the box on to find no overlay of the BT/Youview interface, the channels will pause and you can go up and down the channels but no on screen info and nothing happens when pressing the guide button. Only way to get them back is by pulling the power. In the 11 months I've been using the Pro box never experienced this before, but it has now happened three times since last Friday

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: No graphical overlay ?

Snap, having the same issue since updating. Having to reboot every time I turn it on to get the box back to working order. 

Message 3 of 18

I sometimes get the overlay, but just a black screen when selecting the channel, the box then appears to slow right down when trying to navigate. As @SRB said the only way to restore order is by pulling the plug.

Message 4 of 18

@DarrenDev @nickmorc  I should have said in my original post, I'm still using the mix of Freeview and IP channels, if that helps add to the investigation into this issue!

Message 5 of 18

I may have experienced or something similar  this morning.  I managed to get  normal  viewing back by using the Visual Guide  and selecting a different channel from ON Now.  ( The home page Live Tv  channel tiles didn’t).

Maybe worth trying the Visual Guide On Now if you experiencing this issue which may save you pulled the plug.

Message 6 of 18

The couple of times it's happened to me, there has been no graphics at all coming up on screen. No access to the guide or settings. Possibly a related issue though. I don't have the now/next update yet either.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues with your BT TV pro box. I'm going to report this to the TV team so if you're affected can you PM me with your box serial number?

To get the box serial number:

• Go into Settings (using the cog icon in the top right of the UI)
  • Scroll down to the last carousel on the settings screen
  • Select Device Information.

It would also be good to get feedback on any particular time of day this is occurring, or whether you are experiencing it when the box comes out of standby or any other time?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

@NeilO Good Morning Neil.

Here is the serial number +097445+2045001876

Normally happens on first turn on of the day. Happened yesterday, but not this morning getting the info you wanted. LOL.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

@NeilO Also to add, I have swapped the HDMI ports over last night, bit of a long shot but worth a try. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

@nickmorc & @SRB many thanks for sending me your BT pro box serial numbers, I've provided them to the BT TV team to help support their investigation.

Thanks

Neil