cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 61

Re: No more fast forwarding through the adverts for ITV recordings in IP mode

The joys of IP TV.

Why I kept mine in aerial mode, I get a good signal with a bit of wet string where I live though I see occasional recording options on the EPG disappear. Not sure that can be altered by the powers that be? Though a reset brought them back. Just have to remember to set the recording times.

I try to avoid catch up through the epg (hence TV apps).

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 61

@Hunter2660 I took out the 13 months at £3.99 offer last December and have just been offered the £2.99 for 3 months extension too when I went to cancel. My O/H uses it quite often when I’m in the other room watching sport and she doesn’t realise that I’m paying for the ad free version.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 61

@Midnight_Voicewrote:

@Hunter2660 

When you have your dabble, try backing up a minute or so before the ads, and then fast forwarding, as it ought to be that when you have a fast forward going, that won’t stop for adverts. Though they may be clever enough to catch you having a short run up.

Though the annoyance will probably still be that it’s Skip, not Fast Forward, that is/was the best way to get through ads, and one Skip usually won’t get you all the way past the ads.

That is my plan. Fast forward through the full show, inch back at ad break and then fast forward, rewind through the ads and back again and skipping. Overall I'm not bothered as I have an HDD attached to my TV and I'll use that to record anything (plus I can add padding so am able to watch the full show. Whoopeee!) 😃

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 61

I have just assessed how much I watch ITVX. Which is pretty much zero. While I was only paying £3.99 pm (was offered the £2.99 pm), I have just cancelled the subscription.

I did put in my reasons in the “other” section, not that anyone will take any notice. As for the ITV stations on BT TV, I will just avoid.

Stew

Message 25 of 61

I’d consider going back to aerial mode but it winds me up so much the way BT TV has the SD channels in EPG positions 1-5. 

But the simulcast HD channels are further down. Sort it out, no one else is doing that anymore. 

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 61

Longer term I think we can see BT going down the Sky route and charging users £5 a month to pause and/or fast forward the ads on any channel.

Out of the box it is not possible with some of the new Sky IP products to skip the ads and you have to pay extra for the 'privilege' of fast forwarding on the ads.

This BT ITVX scenario is likely a taster session for what is coming.

Message 27 of 61

I thought the whole point of subscribing to ITVX was that there were no adverts to skip.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 61

From the ITVX website:

*Ad-free applies to our on-demand library only and programmes may contain ITV promotions where contractually required. Live TV plays with ads.

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 61

@StewM 

I didn't know you could watch ITVX live, I just thought it was a catch-up facility for programmes you missed.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 61

Not sure how you can watch live TV and still skip the ad breaks. What I do is mute the audio and get on with something else.
0 Ratings