cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Now TV Boost Billing

I added now TV Boost a few months back.

The addon was present on March and Aprils bill but not on Mays. For some reason NowTV has took charge of the billing and my Payment for May Failed? (I have an old NowTV Account where an old bank card will be present but unable to manage as faced with "Managed by EE/BT notices" Everywhere.

I have called up Customer Service on many occasions to be faced with people who are clueless. One women refunded the now TV boost charges for the previous months bills just to get me off the phone. That's not my problem. My problem is after price increases something went wrong with the billing on my account somewhere.

My Now Boost no longer works, BT agents say its should as its shown active. Its in my billable items. But quick maths shows its not being billed to me from BT any more.

Any suggestions on how to get this resolved? Customer service cant even remove it from my account allegedly. 

I want it removed and readded, or fixed or whatever so I can watch the improved quality and on extra screens.

Contact NowTV to be told its managed by EE/BT so contact them.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Now TV Boost Billing

Now TV Boost isn't showing on your account either on BT or Now TV systems, so there shouldn't be anything stopping you from just adding it to your package via www.bt.com/mybt
What happens when you try? Does it show an error?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

It is showing on my account as active but not in my billable items.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

Where is it showing on your account as active? In the Now TV app? On the BT web site?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

It was visible on Your BT > Manage TV and Sports, scroll down the page next to Apple TV, Discovery+ and Boost. Clicking Manage on the boost sent me in  loop.

Its now been removed. Confirmed this by revisiting the above page where I can now only change my package or manage the single addon discovery+. Also theres an open order showing this.

The BT agent mentioned something about Now TV boost and HD addon. He added the HD addon which then allowed him to remove boost then the HD addon again.

Really strange bug but its sorted* now

*I still want now TV Boost but he was unable to add it again. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 26

@FTTPtoNoWhere 

I thought if you bought HD add-on, this includes Boost, which you get for no additional charge.

Is your account showing you as having HD add-on, and paying for it?

In which case, your account was working perfectly, until you invited BT to break it for you 😛

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but not quite yet an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

I have never had the BT HD Addon as I don't watch BT channels.

According to customer service its separate prices.  

HD add on for BT 's HD channels and the Now Boost for the NowTV. Or is that another person who's wrong advised me?

"In which case, your account was working perfectly, until you invited BT to break it for you "

So unable to watch Now TV on multiple screens is working perfect?. THats why I called up to enquire this to begin with which made me noticed for whatever reason Mays bill never had Boost.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

@FTTPtoNoWhere @DarrenDev 

I am now terminally confused (nothing unusual there) 😢

So if someone takes the HD Add-on, does this give them Now in HD, but not the other features that Now Boost provides, or does it only provide non-Now IP channels in HD?

And is it actually an HD/4K Add-on, or is that yet something else?

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but not quite yet an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

I believe there are 2 different add on's, the BT HD & 4K gives you TNT sports & Eurosport in HD etc & if you have Big sport etc Sky cahannels too but if you have sport as the base pacakage for example then the Now entertainment pass as a monthly ad don you need the boost as a separate charge to get the Sky channels in hd

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

I understand your confusion @Midnight_Voice - there are a lot of different combinations of products.  See the following explanation for the HD and Boost add-ons:

Entertainment, Big Entertainment and Big Sport subscriptions give the option to select the combi-HD add-on (£6)

• This includes HD coverage across all selected NOW content (including any selected add-ons e.g. Big Ent + Now Sports Membership), TNT Sport where relevant.
  • It also includes the other Now Boost features (more streams).
  • VIP packs include HD/4K coverage so the combi-HD add-on is not shown

The Sport package gives the option to select the singular HD add-on (£6)

• This only includes HD coverage across TNT Sport where relevant, and AMC
  • If you select a NOW add-on e.g. NOW Cinema Membership, and want full HD coverage across NOW content, you will need to also select the NOW Boost add-on (£6)