cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

One quick restart and we are ready to go?

Occasionally my TV box says it has installed new software and that I need to restart it.

Whenever I opt for this restart it doesn’t restart. It just hangs there for hours with writing on the screen saying:IMG_1558.jpeg

“Restarting your box"

"Updates are installed. One quick restart and we are ready to go”.

I left it like this last night and woke up to it this morning just the same. It happens all thew time so I just turn the box off and on again from the switch at the back and skip the update and it seems to work fine, but does anyone know if this is a common occurrence?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: One quick restart and we are ready to go?

Which model box do you have? if it's the 2100 or 4000 then the chances are that the hard drive is on its way out

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply. I don’t know which one it is. It’s pretty old though. Would they give me a new one if I’m still in contract? Also, I’ve read about newer boxes that aren’t connected to an aerial. Are they out yet? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Yes to both.

If you're still in contract and your box is faulty then BT will replace it for the latest (the BT Box Pro), this box is capable of delivering Freeview channels over the internet (no aerial required) but you don't get a full complement of channels using this method.

See Internet mode free to air channel guide | BT Help | BT Help for a list of channels available

Message 5 of 5

Great. Thanks.